• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash Player says not suficient privilidges. I am administrater. Help!

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2012 Aug 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player says insufficient privildiges. I am administrator. Help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Installing Flash Player forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your operating system, version & edition?

What is your web browser?

What is "privildiges"; it's not a word I can find in my dictionary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2012 Aug 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows Home Premium with all updates.IE 9 Privilege.(can't spell) Thanks for taking time to respond. Am kind of a novice in this kind of stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 18, 2012 Aug 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try downloading the offline installer(s) from http://helpx.adobe.com/content/help/en/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.ht... and save it to disk, then close all browser windows and run the downloaded installer(s).

You must be logged in as an Administrator user, or right-click on the downloaded installer and select 'Run as Administrator'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2012 Aug 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No Dice. Says insufficient permissions. Says c:Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe5 cannot be written. I notice in Control Panel that I have a 32bit Flash Player. I am running a 64 bit. Should I delete the 32 bit? Thanks for responding. Lee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 19, 2012 Aug 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try doing a clean install as described in http://forums.adobe.com/thread/928315

The Flash Player Settings Manager in Control Panel is 32-bit only; Flash Player itself installs both 32-bit and 64-bit on x64 systems.

After you complete the clean install and still get this problem, please post the contents of the FlashInstall.log file in C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2012 Aug 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have done all in the unstall but it will not let me delete in Windows\SystemWOW64\Flash. It says I need administrater privilidges. I am on as administrater. I am about to give up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines