• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What happened to the Web Apps for the webMarketing Package?

Engaged ,
Aug 19, 2012 Aug 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happened to the Web Apps for the webMarketing Package? We set up three clients under that package as trial sites, employing several situations where the web Apps had a vital role. Then after purchasing the hosting package the option disappears, leaving our customers without the ability to edit there content aside from removing the module tag from the page.

I would think that this should be left on the WebMarketing package because not all customer that could use it need ecommerce.

Any insights?

TOPICS
Web apps

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 21, 2012 Aug 21, 2012

Joel. Software has this everywhere.

It is not a trial mode.

It is the development stage of a site and the developer needs to know the system, what the cost of the project is, what the client needs and what package they will use.

Every project we review and know and outline what we do and outline the package type etc in the contract to the client.

I have to say that If any partner posts about such an issue who has not done this is at fault in my eyes. Sorry 😞 just my view because if someone is build

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joel,

You get access to everything when your a partner and make a site to develop on. You need remeber the plan your going to be on and develop for that.

Web apps have never been on the webmarketing plan, only the webcommerce one.

I find it funny though how webcommerce is often not got eCommerce as not everyone uses it for sites for this plan, webCommerce also has better webMarketing then webMarketing does, lol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every plan should have webapps...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Web apps are awesome and TBH they should be kept back from some plans, I do not disagree with that.

My beef is the fact that the current plans are not well thought out.

The names try to reflect what they are for when in actual fact they are not and are still a basic increased feature plan structure. The names themselves do not also make sense anyway.

Web Marketing plan should just have all the things for that so it should have the best Marketing package, it shoul allow the SMS feature for emails and things like that. In actual fact webCommerce is better even though its name and info describe it better for eCommerce.

And of course most partners will use webCommerce1 as the plan they build most sites on and never touch eCommerce because your using it for email Marketing and web apps etc.

It just does not make sense full stop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 20, 2012 Aug 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would maybe be better if you could just pick the features you want, and pay for what you plan to use, and maybe extra for each user you add, instead of a bunch of confusing tiers.

And of course most partners will use webCommerce1 as the plan they build most sites on and never touch eCommerce because your using it for email Marketing and web apps etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 21, 2012 Aug 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Liam

IF a package doesn't have tools, it shouldn't offer it during the trial mode at all. My customer was more web-savy than most and applied the webApps for many of his important aspects of his site. The cost to upgrade is nearly twice that of the his current plan leaving him and myself a little frustrated with the set up.

He isn't the only one that has lost their webapps during the transfer from trail to paid subscription. We are talking about over 50 hours of lost time for this one customer and that's just wrong and nothing to LOL about.

I like Kenneth's suggestion for modules and webApp for piecemeal purchase, but not sure if that would be worth the effort, so the tiered plan you have are fine. It is just the trial plans should match the subscriptions.

AND yes, webCommerce is a bit odd and deceiving. I know that BC has changed their face tremondously, and for the better overall, leaving only relatively few stones unturned.

So, I hope you can pass our concerns along  up the ladder and appreciate your effort and time to respond.

Teejay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 21, 2012 Aug 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Joel. Software has this everywhere.

It is not a trial mode.

It is the development stage of a site and the developer needs to know the system, what the cost of the project is, what the client needs and what package they will use.

Every project we review and know and outline what we do and outline the package type etc in the contract to the client.

I have to say that If any partner posts about such an issue who has not done this is at fault in my eyes. Sorry 😞 just my view because if someone is building websites and online businesses for people they need to know what they are doing.

Many development keys for SAAS offer everything but you choose the plan, lots of trial stuff these days open you to all features for a short period of time.

Was a case where trial modes had limited features but then people complain they can't trial out features they are interested in.

In terms of the packages themselves: They are not good, not well thought out on several levels and need re-doing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines