I made a movie clip, imported a png to the stage on frame 1. Went to fram 12 made a keyframe and selected both frame and made a tween. Selected the first frame and clicked on it, went to properties and selected the alpha channel and reduced it to 0. When I select modify, then bitmap, it give no highlighted way to go, there is nothing to select.
I'm sorry I'm not getting this, I removed the tween and started over. I imported my png to the first frame. I went to modify/trace bitmap and it gave me these options,
color threshold: 100
minimum area: 8 pixels
curve fit: normal
corner threshold: normal.
I'm sorry, but what do I do? I have changed the threshold to 0. but it didn't really seem to do much, same with teh minimum area. The curve fit, and the corner threshold don't have any mention of converting to a vector.
1. drag your png to the stage.
2. while it's still selected click modify/bitmap/trace bitmap.
3. experment with the trace bitmap settings panel. the smaller the min ara, tighter the fit and lower the corner threshold, the higher the resulting vector's fidelity and the larger the size of your swf. click ok and your png bitmap has been converted to a vector.
4. right click the background and click cut. you may need to do that more than once if the background does not have a uniform color.
5. convert the vector to a movieclip and assign a library symbol name (eg, vectorized png).
6. double click the vectorized symbol in the library so you are editing it.
7. add a keyframe on frame 12.
8. select everything on frame 1 and assign it an alpha of 0.
9. create a tween.