- What version of After Effects? Include the minor version number (e.g., After Effects CS5.5 with the 10.5.1 update).
- Have you installed the recent updates? (If not, you should. They fix a lot of problems.)
No, but I don't think this has anything to do with an update.
- What operating system? This should include specific minor version numbers, like "Mac OSX v10.6.8"---not just "Mac".
Mac OS X 10.8
- What kind(s) of source footage? When telling about your source footage, tell us about the codecs, not just the container types. For example, "H.264 in a .mov container", not just "QuickTime".
Adobe Illustrator CS6 file
- If you are getting error message(s), what is the full text of the error message(s)?
- What were you doing when the problem occurred?
The AI file is not rendering hi-res
- Has this ever worked before?
- What other software are you running?
Photoshop CS6 and Illustrator CS6
- Do you have any third-party effects or codecs installed?
- Tell us about your computer hardware. Include CPU type and number of processor cores, amount of RAM installed, GPU, number of disk drives, and how any external drives are connected.
Mac Mini with 8 GB of RAM, 500 GB hard drive, 2.5 GHz duo-core Intel i5
- Do you have any third-party I/O hardware (e.g., AJA, Matrox, Blackmagic, MOTU)?
- Are you using OpenGL features in After Effects?
- Does the problem only happen with your final output, RAM preview, or both?
Preview and final output
- Are you using Render Multiple Frames Simultaneously multiprocessing?
Screen shot of HD video. Graphic to right of (live action) actor is not rendering hi-res.