Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Word-to-EPUB?

Aug 19, 2012 Aug 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Going round in circles.

I converted a Word document to EPUB but then when I opened Adobe Digital Additions (prog) it generated a long numbered Adobe PDF file. But on trying to open this file (my work) I get a message saying 'Adobe cannot open this file'. Why is that please?

Thanks,

Ric

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 20, 2012 Aug 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using Create PDF Online, and if not, what?

What are you trying to open the file WITH?

What is the exact, full, error message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry, I am quite new to all of this.

One of the first things I was asked to do was download Adobe Digital Editions.

Uploaded Word document in Lulu for EPUB but this would not open to be previewed in Adobe Digital Editions - which seems to be the default for EPUBs? All I got was an error message on attempting to open the red adobe file which was generated - it said Adobe cannot open this file and the file may have been damaged. I had about 3 goes at this and got the same result every time. None of those files seem to have made it to the hard drive and are not listed in the ADE programme library.

Baffled.

Ric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few things...

To figure out what is wrong with an ePub the standard tool is ePubcheck.

However if developer style command line tools are not what you are looking for you may want to check out some of the more friendly tools such as Sigil.

You may also be able to do a simple fix with Calibre (Library + format conversion utility) by doing an ePub to ePub conversion

The typical problem is that Word's HTML export is pretty verbose (and ugly), and this leads to pretty verbose, ugly and broken epubs

Good Luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 23, 2012 Aug 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. When I got home I downloaded ADE onto my desktop pc. It wouldn't download at all. Then I got help from an Adobe tech. After I verified my details with the tech a button was pushed somewhere and the next thing I knew there was ADE right in front of me. After that point I was able to upload test docs in Word to Lulu and then view them in ADE.

Ric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines