Since there hasn't been any replies, could anyone point me to some documentation or other resources that might help me with these answers. I've read some documentation from where I downloaded AUSST from, but it is pretty general, and more geared to getting the server installed and configured.
I'm a little hesitant to install this update solution in our environment without any support available for it.
1. When you run the server setup tool to download updates for the first time, is it required to download every product's updates, or is there a way to choose the applications I want to have updates hosted for? AUSST must do a full sync for all products. You can have clients only install product specific updates by using RUM
2. Can I just delete the folders I don't need, then run subsequent updates on the product folders I left behind? Its best to keep the structure
3. When new AUSST updates come out, will the override file need to be recreated and re-deployed to clients? No, only if your server or hostname of the server changes do you need a new override file
4. Can the client applications be set to automatically install updates silently? Do they need admin rights to complete the install?Updates are installed silently, as usuall a user needs to be admin to install updates, however if you use RUM then you can invoke the updater as admin and updates can come from your internal server
5. I don't see many CS6 products in the aam20 folder, is this normal? The update process completed without any errors and I have a total of 23gb of updates, but I don't see any updates for InDesign CS6.aam20 should contain all CS6 updates available from the Adobe Servers
6. Is Acrobat Pro updated using AUSST? I don't see any acrobat related folders in the aam10 or aam20 folders. Acrobat does not currently use AUSST. It does however support SCUP if you have this in your environment.
Documentation for AUSST is provided in the Enterprise Deloyment Guide which can be found here http://www.adobe.com/products/creativesuite/it.html
The tool is free and so you are correct there is no contracted support for it. But we will try our best to help you whenever possible.
CS Enterprise Systems Engineer