Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add Search to a project

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2006 Nov 22, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I’m creating a new RoboHelp X4 project and I’m having problems with the Search. The problem is that every time I typed a word it will say “no topic found”. I looked to the stp file and all the words included on the list are in French, why? if the project language is English. I copied the stp file from an older project and still doesn’t work. I would like to apply full text search to my project. Any help is welcome.

Thanks,

L

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi sieloi. Could the project or STP file have been created or amended at any point with the language set to French? If you edit a few of the entries in the STP file to english do the topics appear?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colum,
Thanks for the quick replay. The Project Settings is set to English. If I add any word (english) to the STP file, I do that from: File/Project Settings/Advance/Stop list and I compile the project, still the word added to stop list won't be displayed.
I don't understand what is wrong? Thanks for any help.

L

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you open your STP file in a text editor does it mirror the dialog in your project settings? I assume it does right? How about taking a copy of the .STP file, deleting all the entries and starting from scratch?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2006 Nov 27, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colum,

I did what you suggested, but that doens't work. What I think is really strange is that the words in the original STP file are in French. I reviewed an older project and the STP file is also in French, but it works fine when you perform SEARCH
Do you have any other ideas?

Thanks a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sieloi. If the STP files are in french this does signify that at some point the project language must have been french. If you create a new project with the RH language set to English does the same behaviour occur? Also are the words you are searching for in the stop list?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colum,

The Project language is English, always English. I don't have anything in french in the laptop. Funny thing is if I look to the STP file of my old project , the file is in french but the SEARCH works ok.
In the old project, the words I'm searching for are not in the Stop list. In the new project, I edit the STP file, I added a few words to the stop list and still doesn't work. Do you think if I send you the project, you will be able to find out what the problem is?
If that can help, can I have your e-mail address?

Many thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason I asked that last question is that the stop list works by excluding these words from a search. It is designed to make searching quicker and easier by EXCLUDING topics that contain them. So if you have added a word to a stop list and are then searching for it, it won't be found!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colum,

The stop list contains the same words as the "Always ignore" words. I first added words to the stop list, but later I deleted. Both the "Stop list" and "Always ignore words" contains words in French, even when the language is set to english and the language file used in the project is also english. I really don't understand why it doesn't work. My old project work just fine.
I will appreciate any other ideas.
Thanks,
L

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Colum,

I just fixed the problem. I found in the forums a link to the following web site: http://frogleg.mvps.org/helptechnologies/htmlhelp/hhtips.html . Here is explained how to register the itcc.dll . Once I did that, the topics are displayed when performing a search.

Anyway thanks a lot for your help
L

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp