3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 20, 2012 12:31 PM by Rick Gerard RSS

Stretched Looking Rendered Video

Thunderwulf35

I have tried searching online to try to find the answer to this but can't find one. The online and Youtube tutorials don't teach anything about this.

I have done my video, knocked out the green screen, added a background .jpeg, did a Star Wars fan film with Andrew Kramer's Lightsaber special effect, and rendered my video.

I played back my video to see if everything I'm doing is alright. My video started playing but appeared like it was stretched diagnal looking.

What is that?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Stretched Looking Rendered Video
          Rick Gerard CommunityMVP

It sounds like pixel aspect ratio problems. We need to know all about your composition settings and how you rendered the final movie.

• 2. Re: Stretched Looking Rendered Video
            Thunderwulf35 Community Member

My composition settings say: Preset Custom, Width 527, Height 480, Pixel Aspect Ratio D1/DV NTSC (0.91), Frame Aspect Ratio 527:528 (1.00),

Frame Rate 29 Frame Rates Per Second, Resolution: Full 527x480,988 KB per 8bpc Frame, and the Start Timecode is set on Base 29.

We used a friends JVC HD camcorder. Her Data rate is 9200 kbps and Total Bit Rate is 9584 kbps under .MOD settings and I had it converted to .avi settings with Total Video Converter. I used the converted avi settings on After Effects.

What settings do I need to use?

Thanks

• 3. Re: Stretched Looking Rendered Video
              Rick Gerard CommunityMVP

Your composition settings are all fouled up. When working with footage shot a video camera you need to match the settings of the video camera. HD is never 527 pixels wide and 480 pixels high. It also never has NTSC pixel aspect ratio.

Drag the footage from the camera directly into a new composition icon at the bottom of the Project Pannel. This will give you your comp size. If you need more help after that, get back to us.

You should also read the sections in AE help on importing footage, interpreting footage, and rendering.