Sorry I don't have a solution, but hopefully my post can add focus to your problem as I'm experiencing a similar issue.
When I open my index.html file and 'preview in a browser' within Dreamweaver CS6, clicking the login button allows my login.php file to be displayed and function correctly. However,
- When I upload the files to my Hosting server I recieve a 404 error when I link into the php login page
- When I try opening the index.html file offline and hit the link to the login page, the web page displays only my code
Can someone explain why php is functioning differently when called outside of the Dreamweaver environment? My Database connections and Server behaviours were created in Dreamweaver CS6 so I'm wondering if this is where the problem lies? Perhaps if I attempt adding the connecting php code manually, then perhaps I can avoid these complications.
I want to make sure I understand your workflow:
- You have a PHP file that contains an include directive - <?php include('inc/header_includes.php'); ?>
- You PUT this file to the server and elect to also upload all dependent files
- While you are doing this PUT, you get the error message you list?
If that is a correct summary, then please confirm that the path shown in the include directive is the correct document relative path to header_includes.php.
Can we see the contents of the header_includes.php file? Are you sure the error message refers to that include file? Are there other includes within that include file?