Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Install CS5.5

Aug 20, 2012 Aug 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to install CS5.5 on my computer without success. I am installing from DVD. When I try to install it says: "Installer failed to initialize. Please download Adobe Support Advisor to detect the problem."

This is Adobe Indesign CS5.5 Education Version. I don't have any other version on my computer. I bought this last November and tried to install it then and gave up until now.

I downloaded the Support Advisor and it says "Inspection could not identify any issues. Please contact Adobe Support for further assistance."

Now what do I do?

Thanks for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 21, 2012 Aug 21, 2012

This would indicate there is a problem with the install files.  Please follow the steps listed at http://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cs5-5-direct-download-links.html to download a new copy of the install files.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will want to review the PDApp.log file.  You can find directions on how to do this at Troubleshoot with install logs | CS5, CS5.5, CS6 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/troubleshoot-install-logs-cs5-cs5.html#main_Analyze_the_Cre....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK...I reviewed the log and this is what is says...not sure what part to look at?

8/20/2012 16:09:07 [FATAL] PIM - Unable to unzip the contents of package:utilInstallPackageAtPathToPath

8/20/2012 16:09:07 [FATAL] PIM - Error Failed to extract assets...

8/20/2012 16:09:08 [INFO] Setup - Finished Installing core package - I:\Adobe InDesign CS5.5\packages\core\PDApp.pimx, Return status: -8

8/20/2012 16:09:08 [FATAL] Setup - Error installing I:\Adobe InDesign CS5.5\packages\core\PDApp.pimx package.

Return Value of pim_installPackage = -8

8/20/2012 16:09:08 [INFO] Setup - TimeLog: End Installing. Now launching PDApp

8/20/2012 16:09:14 [INFO] PIM - PIMSqlite closeDB status 0

8/20/2012 16:09:14 [INFO] PIM - FREE PIM Instance ...

8/20/2012 16:09:14 [INFO] Setup - cleanUSF: Deleting Path C:\Users\LeeAnne\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp

8/20/2012 16:09:14 [INFO] Setup - Setting current directory to C:\Users\LeeAnne\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE

8/20/2012 16:09:14 [ERROR] Setup - Error in deleting folder C:\Users\LeeAnne\AppData\Local\Adobe. Error Code:145

8/20/2012 16:09:14 [INFO] Setup - End Adobe Setup. Exit code: 1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like the installer is having problems with Users\LeeAnne\AppData\Local\Adobe.  You will want to try adjusting the permissions on that directory and apply it to the appropriate child objects.  You can find directions on how to adjust permissions at Error "Exit 6" or "Exit 7" | Install log | Read, write, system file errors | CS5, CS5.5 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/error-exit-6-exit-7.html.

There might also be problems with your installer media as indicated with Error installing I:\Adobe InDesign CS5.5\packages\core\PDApp.pimx package..  I would recommend you try copying the install files to your desktop to see if you receive any disc errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed the instructions to adjust the permissions and still get the same installation error.

I tried copying the installation folders onto my desktop and got a message that Cannot read PDApp.pima from source file or disk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 21, 2012 Aug 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This would indicate there is a problem with the install files.  Please follow the steps listed at http://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cs5-5-direct-download-links.html to download a new copy of the install files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 21, 2012 Aug 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much! That worked perfectly and I'm all installed and ready to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines