Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DRM -Authorize

Aug 14, 2012 Aug 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought a DOPO T708- Adroid Ereader that has DRM. I have an Adobe ID and PW. Every time I try to "authorize" my Ereader, I receive a message "Failed to authorize". Maybe I am over the limit of activation tries?  How can I get it reset? I am a newbie and never knew about DRM until I bought this Ereader. I have tried many times over the last week to try to "activate" my device. I am soooo frustrated. I finally found out that there is a limit to activations, even on the same device. I cannot find a serial number on my device either. Advice please? THANKS.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 15, 2012 Aug 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Adobe Digital Editions forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 15, 2012 Aug 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Their website doesn't say much about the "eBook reader", and the Adobe website doesn't list it as a supported device/application (http://blogs.adobe.com/digitalpublishing/supported-devices)

So it is quite possible that the eBook reader wont work with the Adobe system.  However since it appears to be a fairly stock Android device (without the Google market placeI would suggest getting a copy of Bluefire Reader for Android instead, as it's know to play well with Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 20, 2012 Aug 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much Jim! I appreciate your advice. I got Bluefire like you suggested. I first put it on my Android cell phone and I was able to authorize my cell phone for DRM. I then did a "factory" reset on my new tablet/ereader to make sure I erased any errors that I may have created. I put Bluefire on my tablet, and tried to authorize it, but again it "failed". I tried 3 more times. I then boxed up the tablet and returned it to Walmart. I think I will do more research and find a different tablet which is too bad because I really liked all the other features of the DOPO T708.

THANKS AGAIN!

Donna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 20, 2012 Aug 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Donna,

Pandigital makes some low end Android devices that may be worth looking at.  Alternatively you can get a pre-owned Nook Color from B&N for $129.  (Disclosure: I work for B&N  - so I'm definitely biased here).

Good Luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines