• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I remove a gradient section in CS6?

Aug 20, 2012 Aug 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fireworks ugh.png

In both Photoshop and Illustrator, I am able to delete the selected part of a gradient simply by hitting the delete key. This seems to not work here, can someone tell me how to remove the aqua section from my gradient?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Aug 20, 2012 Aug 20, 2012

In your gradient editor, drag the undesired color stop away from the color ramp and drop it (once you see that it's disappeared).

To add a new color stop, click in the area just below the color ramp. To add a new opacity stop, click in the area above the color ramp.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your gradient editor, drag the undesired color stop away from the color ramp and drop it (once you see that it's disappeared).

To add a new color stop, click in the area just below the color ramp. To add a new opacity stop, click in the area above the color ramp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Is there a keyboard way to do it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Boy, if there's a way to do that, it doesn't seem to be very easy. Is this an accessibility issue, or just preference?

Here's what I found: If you can select the color stop, its numeric position will appear in the location field below. From there, you can use the delete key to remove the stop/position.

color stop location field.png

But this often requires clicking on a color stop twice: once to reselect the original color (after the color picker appears), and then a second time to leave the color stop selected. That's more trouble than it's worth for me.

Incidentally, there was a Gradient command panel created for CS3 that offered slightly more in-depth gradient editing ability. Not necessarily what you need here; I just thought I'd mention it.

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/fireworks/articles/gradient_panel.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a little bit of both.

I work from a 17" Laptop, so most times I keep my hands on the keyboard and avoid the trackpad due to its impercision. I can use my mouse (Nice little Logitech Performace MX, love it) if I have a nice surface but I usually don't if I'm on the move. (Which is only 30% of my free time anyway, I can work on other things durring that time).

Preferance wise, I try to keep my shortcuts mostly consitent across adobe software. It's worked fine for PS and Illustrator, but now that I'm branching out into After Affects and Fireworks, it's harder haha.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried using the Tab key to navigate within the Gradient panel (via keyboard focus)? On my setup, the Tab key shuttles between gradient type and angle only. Once a color stop has been selected manually, then the position field is included in this—but there's still no way to navigate between the different stops along the color ramp, as far as I can tell.

Just I thought I'd mention this, in case your setup responds differently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That works well haha. It's not idea but It works

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines