• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 6: swf/html playback issues

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2012 Jul 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Captivate 6, an mp4 file is generated from the video demo screen capture.  In itself, this is okay.  However, whenever the video is published using the swf/html settings, these screen captures are still kept in the mp4 format.  During playback, there are delays and errors when the html/swf is accessing the mp4 video demo files.  These issues range anywhere from the playback automatically pausing, to completely stopping with an exclamation point onscreen. 

In Captivate 5.5, screen captures were included in swf file and this was never an issue.  Is there some setting that can be changed to stop the generation of the mp4 files and include the screen capture in the swf?  This is a pretty major issue and is making the published video practically useless.

Is there any other workaround?

Thanks,

Patrick

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 09, 2012 Aug 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Patrick,

I am having the same issue.  Did you find a workaround?

Thanks,

Nichole

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nichole,

After several hours on the phone with some people at Adobe, they basically said this is something you have to deal with.  I've found that copying full motion screen captures from Captivate 5.5 into Captivate 6 alleviates this problem, but doesn't allow you utilize the new (and useful) features included with Captivate 6 video demo.  You also need to work with two different versions of Captivate, which can become tedious. 

Hope that helps some.  Let me know if you still have questions. 

Patrick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Patrick,

I think my issue is similar, but not the same as yours.  I am just creating a simple course where the end user clicks a next button to advance through the training.  However, when published to a swf file, it consistently "hangs" or pauses, sometimes to the point of me needing to click over and over again just to get the slide to move forward 3 seconds.  I know for sure it's pausing when it shouldn't be but I can't figure out how to get it to just play the slide, then pause at the end like it should.  I'm debating calling adobe about this but I fear I'll be on the phone for hours with no end resolution.

Thank you for your insight! 

Nichole

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also did make sure that the buttons are set to "pause" at the very end of the slide.  My audio (background music) automatically stops and starts throughout the course too. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 10, 2012 Aug 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Patrick, Nichole,

Is it possible to share your sample projects and issues observed? upload the projects to Acrobat.com and send me an email to sankaram@adobe.com

Thanks,

Sankaram.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2012 Aug 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Patrick and Nichole,

I have the same problem as Nichole. I've been beating myself up looking for a solution. Have either of you received a response from Adobe? I have moved my developers to Cp6 and am now wondering if I've stepped into a minefield.

Regards,

phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Phil,

Yes, I was able to work with Sankaram from Adobe and he was very helpful.  The issue with the screens hanging was because I had transitions set on each slide.  I removed the transitions and republished; that solved that issue.  Sankaram gave me the steps to run the patch to correct the transition issue but I haven't yet had the time to apply it.  If that solves your issue, let me know and I can send you the steps Sankaram sent to me.  The issue with the audio stopping and starting is a known issue but there isn't yet a fix.  I'm hopeful they'll get a fix in place soon because it sure does interfere with the effectiveness of some of my courses.  I hope that helps you out. 

Thanks,

Nichole

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nichole,

I've noticed the issue with hanging transitions as well.  Can you please provide me the steps to run the patch. My email is plapetin (at) purdue.edu.

Thank you very much!

Patrick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Below are the instructions to install slide transitions issue hotfix.

Instructions:

1. Download the zip file present at https://acrobat.com/#d=ey*6pXCjTb-qPLDjxUyudA
  2. Unzip the folder to a temp location
  3. Copy “cplibs/9.0/MainMovie.swc” to [Captivate install Dir]/sdk/libs/cplibs/9.0
  4. Copy “cplibs/10.0/ MainMovie.swc” to [Captivate install Dir]/sdk/libs/cplibs/10.0
  5. Republish the project.

I hope this helps.  Good Luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Nichole!  That made all the difference. 

Patrick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I have created a very small Captivate 6 project with 3 video captures and have the same issue... no transitions at all but on playback from our server the video playback hangs while the highlight boxes and captions continue to play. It works fine on my system, but not live from the server. It is very frustrating and completely useless... Anyone resolve it passibly yet?

Thanks

Andrea

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources