• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

'You cant open the application Adobe Photoshop CS6 because it may be damaged or incomplete'

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2012 Aug 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This Message appears after clicking on the icon after installing from creative cloud. Can't try installing again as AAM says that it is already installed.

Installed on iMac OSX 10.6.8

Screen shot 2012-08-21 at 11.30.40 PM.pngScreen shot 2012-08-21 at 11.26.52 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 12, 2013 Mar 12, 2013

After several days of this annoying me and trying various different things, I finally found the solution!!

Open Terminal and run this command and it will reset the launch services to let it work properly.

/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Versions/A/Support/lsregister -kill -domain locat -domain system -domain user

The problem began for me once I removed photoshop because the update kept failing.  So I uninstalled photoshop cs6 using th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 21, 2012 Aug 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try uninstalling with the uninstaller located in Applications/Utilities/Adobe Installers.  If you have the same problem again then please try downloading and installing the trial of Photoshop CS6.  Once the trial is installed you can choose the License This Software option and enter the Adobe ID tied to your Creative Cloud account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2012 Sep 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

Was in the same situation and this advice worked for me.

I have installed it as a trial yet am unable to find the License This Software" option.

Could you please inform me where within Photoshop this option is located? (iMac 10.8.1)

Thanks

Aarron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 05, 2012 Sep 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Close and re-open PS CS6 and then check if you get that option or not. If not, goto Help Menu and check is Deactivate option is greyed out or not. If it's not greyed out, it means your PS CS6 is activated. No need to worry.

Just relax and enjoy the application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2013 Mar 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After several days of this annoying me and trying various different things, I finally found the solution!!

Open Terminal and run this command and it will reset the launch services to let it work properly.

/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Versions/A/Support/lsregister -kill -domain locat -domain system -domain user

The problem began for me once I removed photoshop because the update kept failing.  So I uninstalled photoshop cs6 using their uninstall script, and then re-installed it with the creative cloud application manager.  From then on I could not "double click" on a .PSD to open photoshop directly, but "open with" would work.  Very strange.. but the above command fixed it.

Here are some screenshots of the issue:

Screen Shot 2013-03-11 at 7.57.41 PM.png

Screen Shot 2013-03-11 at 7.57.51 PM.png

Screen Shot 2013-03-11 at 7.57.59 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2013 Mar 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In the post it looks like the command is on two lines, but it's not.  It's on one line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines