Today we're pleased to announce that the next version of Flash Player, 11.4.402.265, is available for immediate download. This update includes the following new features:
- Concurrency (ActionScript Workers) — This feature enables developers to off-load certain tasks like high-latency operations and long-running computations to “workers”. These background workers run concurrently in order to leverage more machine resources and avoid things like UI freezes and allow content to be more responsive.
- Stage3D constrained mode — A new parameter to Context3D has been introduced called "constrained profile". Constrained profile allows Stage3D content to run hardware accelerated on more hardware, especially the Intel GMA chipsets. The Starling framework has been updated to be constrained mode ready.
- StageVideo.attachCamera — Provides webcam support for StageVideo. This allows developers to leverage GPU acceleration to render webcam video streams.
- Camera.copyToByteArray/Camera.copyToVector — Allow efficient copy of the video frames pixels to an existing ByteArray or Vector.
- LZMA support for ByteArray — In addition to zlib compression of ByteArray, we are introducing an additional compression type based on LZMA to compress data inside a ByteArray through ByteArray.compress() and ByteArray.uncompress().
For complete information please see our release notes.
Current Flash Player desktop users that have enrolled in either the "Allow Adobe to install updates (recommended)" or "Notify me to install updates" update mechanisms will receive an update notification within 7 days from today (please note that Windows users will need to restart their system to receive the notification dialog.)
If you would like to install the update immediately, please use one of the links below:
Flash Player 11.4 desktop for Windows and Macintosh: 11.4.402.265
Flash Player 11.2 desktop for Linux: 220.127.116.11
Flash Player 11.1 Mobile for Android 3.x: 18.104.22.168
Flash Player 11.1 Mobile for Android 4.0.x: 22.214.171.124
Flash Player 10.3 desktop for Windows, Macintosh and Linux: 10.3.183.23
Previous versions of Flash Player can be found on the Archived Flash Player page