• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it worth going from RH9 to RH10?

Participant ,
Aug 21, 2012 Aug 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We create basic CHM and WebHelp systems that do not currently need to run on mobile devices or be socially enabled, which appear to be major features of v10.

We've got a team of four writers using v9 right now and Adobe won't let us purchase v9 for a new writer starting in September.

My manager is trying to figure out whether we should buy v10 for the new writer, but leave the rest of us on v9 for now. We have some concerns about moving to a new release of RH while we are trying to produce Help for our product release this fall.

I searched the forum for RH10 experiences, but didn't find many conversations, perhaps because the product is too new.

We'd love to know whether you're having good or bad experiences moving to RH10 and, if there are bad experiences, what areas should we be concerned about?

Thanks.

Carol

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 21, 2012 Aug 21, 2012

Carol

First the situation is as set out in another thread that you have read, it is just too soon to know if there are any serious issues with RoboHelp 10. It is still early days but nothing has been reported save for a couple of items in Using Rh10 on my site and a post re the use of superscript. Whether or not they affect you is for you to decide.

I would not want to have a team on different versions so I think your manager's decision is does s/he want to upgrade all of you or stick with Rh9? If

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2012 Aug 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Carol

First the situation is as set out in another thread that you have read, it is just too soon to know if there are any serious issues with RoboHelp 10. It is still early days but nothing has been reported save for a couple of items in Using Rh10 on my site and a post re the use of superscript. Whether or not they affect you is for you to decide.

I would not want to have a team on different versions so I think your manager's decision is does s/he want to upgrade all of you or stick with Rh9? If the latter, then you should still be able to buy it from a reputable vendor. Upgrades from one version to the next are cheaper than upgrades from two versions back.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 22, 2012 Aug 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Peter.

My manager is ordering the upgrade for all of us, but some of us will wait until after the current product release to make the transition. It's taken me so long to get the Help working correctly (with such excellent assistance from you and William and Rick) that I'm not going to mess with RH10 for this release.

Carol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp