• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 10 - multilevel list and bullet spacing

Aug 21, 2012 Aug 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning,

I have just upgraded from RoboHelp 9 to RoboHelp 10 and I've noticed something odd about the multilevel lists and bullets when I am working in the Design view. There is now much larger line spacing between each bullet or number than there was in RoboHelp 9 (approx. 1,5 line or double spacing). When I actually preview the topic or generate the project the line spacing is fine (single) but it's just a bit odd that I'm seeing this extra spacing in the source files.

Has anybody else had similar issues?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Welcome to Adobe Forums.

1) Open your Robohelp 10 project.

2) Click on Tools -> Options (Menu Bar)

3) Select "General" from Left section

4) Check "Convert Robohelp-edited topics to HTML" (Under Generation)

5) Click on "OK"

Generate the output again and check do you have that spacing issue ?

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If that does fix the problem, then the real solution lays in formatting your lists properly. See Lists on my site.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for getting back to me. The generated output is perfect - the multilevel lists and bullets are dislayed exactly as they should be (that is, exactly how we have formatted them in RoboHelp). The issue is how they are actually displaying in the 'Design' view in RoboHelp. Extra line spacing is automatically being placed before and after bullet and number lists (both multilevel and regular lists). You can see the difference in the screenshots below. The first image shows the spacing in the 'Design' view and the second shows the generated output for the same content. Perhaps I have configured something incorrectly to make the extra spacing appear - but in that case should it not also be displayed as extra space in the output? In RH 9, the spacing in the 'Design' view and in the output matched - this has only happened since we upgraded to RH 10.

It's not a big issue, as the output looks fine (which is the main thing) - it just means that the extra spacing takes up a lot of room in the 'Design' view and makes it harder to judge how the list will actually look when generated.

example2.gif

example1.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 22, 2012 Aug 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That points to the code being wrong. Following what I have covered in Lists should correct it.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 23, 2012 Aug 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter,

I have gone through your topics on multilevel lists and regular lists in RH and everything appears to be in order within our projects (in fact, I used these topics as a guide when creating the lists in RH9 - thank you for that!).

I have used our regular 'body' style (with paragraph spacing of 8pt before and 8pt after the paragraph) as the 'Paragraph Style' that is applied to the multilevel lists and bullets. So the paragraph spacing for these lists should match that of the 'body' style as they did in RH9 (8pt before and 8pt after each bullet/list item). Instead, it is now about 12pt before and after each bullet/list item - but only in the Design view (the paragraph spacing in the generated output displays the correct 'Paragraph Style'). It's as if RH is automatically adding 50% to the spacing for all bullet and list items in the Design view (not just for multilevel lists but also for regular RH bullets and numbers).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2012 Aug 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The simplest thing here is to import a topic into a new project and use the same CSS, that should show the problem.

Assuming it does, then zip up the project and see the Contact page on my site. Send the project as instructed there. Do make sure you include a link to this thread and please do not email the project direct.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2012 Aug 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your list style there are two lines

x-lvl-1-p-class: Body;
x-lvl-1-p-tag: p;

That's the way RoboHelp writes the list style and as a result it is inheriting values from the P tag.

You P tag definition includes

margin-top: 8pt;
margin-bottom: 8pt;

and that is what is creating the gap. Change that and the gap changes. That may change other things in your content.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 26, 2012 Aug 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much for your help Peter - I really appreciate it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp