• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Set Contents pane width in WebHelp?

Aug 21, 2012 Aug 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I'm using RoboHelp 8 / RH8 to create WebHelp.

How / where do I set the width of the Table of Contents pane for the webhelp output? I can't find this in the forum or the Help Guide...

These days, with high resolution monitors, I need to increase the font size in the ToC. But then it runs out of space in the ToC width. Hence the need for a wider ToC.

Help anyone?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 21, 2012 Aug 21, 2012

Hi Philip

Sorry, but RoboHelp has never provided a GUI way to do this. Not for WebHelp. If you were using CHM, it would be a piece of cake.

What you will have too do is hack the output files. I believe I've documented how in my Skinny on Skins file.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Philip

Sorry, but RoboHelp has never provided a GUI way to do this. Not for WebHelp. If you were using CHM, it would be a piece of cake.

What you will have too do is hack the output files. I believe I've documented how in my Skinny on Skins file.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Philip,

There is no way we can change that within Robohelp however after generating the output we can make very small change in "whskin_frmset01.htm" change the value "frameset cols". It will change the Navigation Pane width. But everytime you will generate teh webhelp it will reset the settings, so you need to make these changes again and agian.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Priyank

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick and Priyank.

Great... It is s-o-o EASY to do this for CHM Help, but not-invented-yet for WebHelp.

I guess the client will have to live with it, 'cause I can't rely on remembering to do this every time I build the output.

Priyank, put this on the wish list, would you?

Thanks again Guys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Philip

You should be able to locate the corresponding "seed" file among the files in the RoboHelp install folder. If you amended that file with the desired width, all subsequent generations would follow suit as they draw from this file.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm...

I have 4,061 files in my RoboHelp install folder.

Can you give me a clue what to look for?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Philip,

The file which i mentioned above are available in the SSL! folder which is in your Project folder in your harddrive. You can search for the file and open it in Wordpad or Notepad and then just change the value, but default it is 220, you can change it to anything.

Thanks

Priyank

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Priyank,

I forgot to say that my last reply was to Rick, who said look for a "seed" file in my "RoboHelp install folder". I don't have a clue where to begin!

Philip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI again Philip

I would use the Windows Find utilty and search for whskin_frmset01.htm. I think the file name is the same in the seed folders.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not find a file by that name inside the RoboHelp 9 install folder or subfolders

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe it is only in the output. Check there.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it is there. Thank you. This option will not work for my project, which requires frequent publishing, although I wonder if there is a way to block that file from being overwritten on the server.

Michael West | ASK Support | Business Improvement | Aurecon

Message was edited by: Captiv8r - Removed SPAM bait.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 22, 2012 Aug 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The next few times you generate, see if the content changes. If it does not you could keep a replacement copy. However, I suspect this is a file that will change so be very wary.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 26, 2013 Feb 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In RoboHelp 10, I found that I had to change the width setting twice in that file:

<frameset cols=\"220,

oFrameset.cols= "220,

When I changed only the first value, the web page would open with the correct column width, but as soon as I clicked another button (Search, Glossary), it would flip back to the old setting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 26, 2014 Jun 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Robohelp 10, I was able to open the *.skn file for the project and adjust the <frameset cols 220 value (in two places). This changed the width of the navigation pane and was a sticky setting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2015 Dec 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know if this is customizable (fixed) in a later version of RoboHelp?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2015 Dec 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Don’t believe so – you still need to go “under the hood”

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp