• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video & Flash content flashes black and I mostly can't view

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2012 Aug 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having major issues watching videos on some websites and viewing Flash contect.

e.g. I can't watch Facebook videos but I can watch Youtube.

I can't view Google Maps 'street view'. It appears black but when I scroll my mouse over the image it flashes and I can see portions of it.

I've tried all of the troubleshooting to no avail.

I have Windows 7, 64-bit operating system.Internet Explorer 9.

Please help!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2012 Aug 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same exact problem... i have tried everything!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 17, 2012 Aug 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your display adapter, device driver version & date?  See http://forums.adobe.com/thread/945765

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2012 Aug 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Intel (R) Graphics Media Accelerator HD

Driver Provider: Intel Corporation

Drive Date: 10/8/2009

Driver Version: 8.15.10.1968

I ran that and it said i was up to date.  I really want to fix this.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 19, 2012 Aug 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to the Intel support site, the latest driver version for this device is 8.15.10.2509, dated 9/3/2011.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2012 Aug 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same exact issue.

But for me it happens in Chrome. Firefox displays flash perfectly, but Chrome gives me the black flickering all over the webpage.

I'm using Nvidia graphics cards with the latest driver updates.

I would try reinstalling flash, but it's built into chrome. I could try reinstalling chrome, but I see it's happening to you in IE 9.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Chrome, could you please try the following:

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/enable-system-flash-player-google-chrome.html

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That has fixed the problem I was having, thank you. I do wonder, have I removed some functionality with this work-around fix?

UPDATE: Is seems this only fixed SOME of the webpages with embedded flash. Other sites will still have the flickering black screen bug. If it helps, I can post links to example websites that are either working or not working.

Win7 64, latest versions of all software and drivers.

Black screen flickering bug in Chrome. Working properly in Firefox. IE not installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Posting the web pages that are not working will help us to diagnose the problem.

The document that I posted is instructing you to disable the Pepper Flash Player plug-in.

Could you please do the following:

1.Open Google Chrome.

2.In the address bar, type the following and press Enter: chrome://plugins

3.Click Details and move to the Flash section.

See the Flash Player version that's enabled. If the Flash Player version in Mozilla Firefox is up-to-date, you will see it there. (version 11.4.402.265) Enable that version. I don't think it will break any existing functionality.

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2012 Aug 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After more testing, it seems random. For instance, youtube.com will work sometimes, and flicker other times. But this webpage always flickers now, http://pcpartpicker.com/user/FutureSuture/saved/.

I don't have any graphics related problems with this pc, other than this bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines