Installation went fine, but when I want to activated the softwares it says my name and serial does not match I called the Adobe call center (which was probably in India) but all they tell me is the same the name and serial # don`t match....I must say they are real helpful and they don`t care of us who use older versions, they said support has ended for CS2. I have CS2
installed on my laptop which I use at home if I need to work at home or change things at the clients, so I thought maybe because I cannot de-activate the software on the messed up HD it think that I have over installed the software...I don`t know I was thinking about it on the way to the studio this morning. By the way I am located in Japan so time wise we are abit off.
I just opened the PS and it again tells me to activate it right away or in 30 days (grace period)
but if I try again it probably would shut off. I will re-formate may messed up HD and see if it is usable then try to install the CS back to that HD. I will be doing that all day I suppose.
I hope you have the solution. Thanks for responding it is good to know someone is trying to help.
You can check the validity of the serial number yourself by registering your software on http://www.adobe.com/. If it is registered or registers correctly this can help you determine the validity of the serial number.
If it is valid then you may have permssion issue. What version of Mac OS 10.5 are you using? It maybe permission related if the serial number is registered or registers successfully.
Thank you for asking . It just says that my name and serial # don`t match,
illustrator does not even open this morning I tried PS and the activating
page came on saying the usual thing that I have a 30 day grace period if I
don`t activate right away.
I know CS2 is old but it really is the best environment for my work and for
the time being
I want to keep it that way, at least for awhile still .
I have this CS2 installed in my laptop also, is it maybe the software
thinks I have installed it into to many computers, because the on on the
messed up HD is not de-activated.
So I am planning to re formate my messed up HD and see if it is still
usable, but I am afraid it might only be temporarily and have to go through
the whole process again.
I really need help this is work and deadline don`t wait.
Thanks it is good to know Adobe cares cause your call centre was not
helpful and brushed me off, and this was a international call cause I am
located in Japan. The CS in english version so Adobe Japan said they can`t
I am unsure Laily but if you are unable to register the serial number then I would agree that it is invalid as well. Did you install using the disc previously or is it possible you had been provided a different installer when you initially installed it? Either way though if you are unable to register under that serial number then you would not be able to install with that serial number either.
This is the CS2 I have been using for 4 years with no problem, I have had
re-install it a few times because of HD having to be re-formatted or have
I have not lend it to anyone and I am the only one who uses it. A few
months ago when I re-formatted my laptop I installed the CS2 and there was
no problem. A friend mentioned she had a problem with her CS2 when she
tried it on her OS 10.5 so she used her HD with 10.4 (tiger) and it worked.
I suppose it is hard to pin point the problem. I re- formatted my HD that
had my CS2 which I could not de-activated before, i installed the CS2 and
installation goes smoothly then it prompts me with the window of the
options of activating the software. I was too scared so for the time being
I am on the 30 days grace period, at least till I get my deadlines out to
the clients. Also my CS2 is education can that be a problem.
No the serial number for education versions should still be able to be registered. Can you please private message me with the serial number and I will verify that you have identified the correct number and the serial number is invalid.
If it is invalid though I am unsure what options are available as are current versions of our software require an Intel processor.
I don`t think I registered this, is is possible to use it without
registering it? If I upgrade
to intel I will have to buy the CS again cause I don`t think I can upgrade
CS2 to CS5 or
CS6 if I am not mistaken. But for the time being I am very comfortable with
environment with CS2. the serial number is <Removed by moderator>
I appreciate your help, and I just pray you can help me solve this for me.
Imsamaze19 Manish sent me over the serial number. It does appear your CS2 serial number is valid. If this is the case then you are likely looking at a permission issue which is affecting your ability to install. It has been a long time since I have dealt with Creative Suite 2. If you go to Library/Application Support/Adobe do you see an Adobe PCD and caps folder? Also do you have any other Adobe software installed on this computer?
Imsamaze19 I am sorry if you were using Creative Suite 3 or later this is where the licensing information, hence your permission issue, would be located. I would advise to either try a newly created Administrator account or possibly logging in as Root. Please let me know if you need additional details on how to accomplish these steps.
These links should help:
Install or run Adobe applications in new user account | Mac OS X - http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/install-or-run-applications-new.html
Enabling and using the "root" user in Mac OS X - http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1528?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US
I just found out that I had CS installed in my 3rd HD which I used to store
and this CS WORK it runs my name and on the startup page and does not
prompt me to
activate. So why does it give me trouble with the other HD on the same
I am afraid that if this HD goes funny and I have to install the CS on it
again it might
give me the same trouble. I will try with the root and the new
administrator as you had
suggested. Can it be that I have the CS installed in one to many HDs?
On Sun, Aug 26, 2012 at 10:39 AM, Laily Mumtazi-Sims <firstname.lastname@example.org
I have three internal HDs with operating system 10.58 ( HD, DATA, and
EXTRA). I was using the HD as my operating system with the applications
when suddenly it went funny, I was able to save the work I was working on
so then I booted up on the EXTRA and this one did not have the CS 2
installed so when I installed it the problem came up. Then last week when
I went into DATA I saw that I had CS 2 installed. So I started my computer
with the DATA and I was able to use the CS 2 which was already activated I
suppose, cause it did not prompt me and I was able to keep my deadlines. I
have not installed the CS 2 on the original HD that I had to re-formate
without de-activating the CS 2 on it.
What am I doing wrong?
I have not tried to install it on the reformated HD that had the CS 2
installed. I was wondering if I should get rid of the CS 2 on the EXTRA
where it prompts me to activated
and says that the name and serial # don`t match, before I try to install it
on the original HD where the CS 2 was installed before I had to reformat it.
I am sorry Imsamaze19 but your setup is very confusing. I also am unable to refer you to our support team to work with them directly due to the age of your product.
Since you appear to have multiple hard drives, and the ability to store your files on all of these hard drives, then I would recommend we simplfy matters. If you are facing issues with the serial number on one of your hard drive then please recover any files you need, format the hard drive, install your preferred operating system, and then reinstall CS2. If you continue to face issues we can then focus on that one particular drive.
Jumping from one hard drive to another is really making this thread very difficult to follow and is adding a lot to the complexity of trying to help you. I do want to help you but we need to simplify matters a bit to make it easier for both of us.
Because I learned that HD`s die on me suddenly, I have 2 extra HDs ready
to switch to. Maybe I should just have one HD with the operating system,
if anything goes wrong just reformat if and start all over again. I suppose
trying to save time and have back up HDs with operating systems ready might
cause problems in the long run like what I am having... I will reformat the
one that the CS2
prompts me each time and get ride of CS 2 and just leave the CS 2 off it.
Thank you for all the help, and I think I learned a lot from this
discussion and it is good to know ADOBE cares about their users like me who
still use the older versions.