Investigating. Stay tuned.
Thank you for the detailed post.
- Under investigation
- You are correct and will integrate that change.
- Verify Class of bUpdater is Boolean. Use plist editor (like PlistEdit pro etc) to check.
- The permissions of this file should be – 755.
- Verify you're using Acrobat to 10.1.1 or above. It will not work on below versions.
Sorry for the delay, was on vacation.
As is shown in my example, bUpdater is boolean. When else can you have "<false/>" as a key value? I've just verified in Xcode that it is in fact boolean.
The permissions were previously 644, owned by the 501 admin user. I've changed this to root:admin mode 755. No change.
I'm using Acrobat 10.1.1 on Snow Leopard Server.
On the subject of docs, they don't indicate anything about ownership/permissions, and are actually unclear about the contents of the file. It says to create a new "file" ending in .plist, and then to add the "entries" of the dict, without showing an example of the <plist> tag and the DTD. The next section (setting the Updater to manual) also states path "~/User/Library/Preferences/", which has ambiguous context and is also _not a real directory_.
I've just tested this with the latest 10.1.4 update. The Updater section of the preferences is now not visible, so it looks like it works properly. Thanks for investigating!