• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change TOC pane width

Aug 21, 2012 Aug 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp 9, WebHelp Pro, WebHelp Server

I want the TOC pane to be wider than it is when the default WebHelp window frameset opens. How can I control this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 22, 2012 Aug 22, 2012

Hi There,

As Peter mentioned there is ongoing thread in which I mentioned the file name in which you can change the value, that file is available i Robohelp server publishished project however this is not permament so you need to change the value everytime single time after publish. Check the thread and let me know if you have doubt.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4638778#4638778

In server you wil find your published project:  This is my machines location, you might need to check with your IT admi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2012 Aug 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For ordinary WebHelp, this has been covered in another thread in the last 48 hours. See if the solution is the same.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 22, 2012 Aug 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

As Peter mentioned there is ongoing thread in which I mentioned the file name in which you can change the value, that file is available i Robohelp server publishished project however this is not permament so you need to change the value everytime single time after publish. Check the thread and let me know if you have doubt.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4638778#4638778

In server you wil find your published project:  This is my machines location, you might need to check with your IT admin who configures server.

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp Server 9\robo\server\general\

Thanks

Priyank

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 22, 2012 Aug 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Summary: No, it is not possible to change the default for TOC pane width permanently for a Web Help project, but it can be done each time the project is published by modifying an output file mentioned in the other thread, linked above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 23, 2012 Aug 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Yes, it is not possible to make that particular change permanently the reason is before generating the Output it will clear all the files from the folder.

Thanks

Priyank

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 23, 2012 Aug 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Priyank

I know that with most of the WebHelp stuff, there are what I refer to as "Seed" files in the install folder. For example, in the ?:\Program Files\Adobe\TCS4\Adobe RoboHelp 10 folder are some folders of interest. One is named WildFireExt and another is named WebHelp5Ext and yet another is named Template.

Often, it's possible to influence a change to output files by making a modification to one of the files in one of these locations. Because it is used as the source when generating, the change cascades down to the output files and saves you from having to always modify them if you need to.

It would seem this value *SHOULD* exist somewhere in a file among the "seed" files. So are you able to point us to the file or tell us where it is stored?

Thanks... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp