Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CinemaDNG Importer CS-6

Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2012 Aug 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All

Does anyone know if the CinemaDNG Importer is still valid for CS-6? I see on the Adobe Labs site there is a download for CS-5.5 but that was posted July 3 2011.

http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/cinemadng.html

I am looking to load some native raw files from the new Blackmagic camera that happen to be in the raw CinemaDNG format. Trying to stay native here if possible.

Thanks

Ray

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 22, 2012 Aug 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download it and give it a go.  Let us know if it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2012 Aug 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope.  Doesn't seem to work.  Weird that CS6 doesn't support cinemaDNG natively in Premiere.  Works great in After Effects...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weird that CS6 doesn't support cinemaDNG natively in Premiere.

Right?  That's like Windows Media Player not supporting WMV files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 20, 2013 Feb 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim Simon wrote:

Weird that CS6 doesn't support cinemaDNG natively in Premiere.

Right?  That's like Windows Media Player not supporting WMV files.

Again, if you really want this go for a feature request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Looks like Cinema DNG Initiative is only available for CS5.5 Versions.

And all downloads from labs are in the test phase , so we might not be able to get the desired results.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want CinemaDNG supported in future versions of Premiere Pro, please make a feature request: http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2012 Aug 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done.  Hope everyone send Adobe their feature request for cinemaDNG.  Would be nice to see this become the defacto format standard.  I'm a fan of the Adobe RAW Importer.  Easy to use with just the right amount of control.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2012 Aug 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I filled a bug report. It is definitely a bug. DNG stills are also not importable. DNG handling of all important apps of the Suite was the reason I bought the Produciton Premium. In CS5.5 - I had only Premiere otherwise I wouldn't have bought the CS6 suite - I was able to include DNG files to my timeline so I expected it to also work in CS6 of course!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

irieger wrote:

I filled a bug report. It is definitely a bug. DNG stills are also not importable. DNG handling of all important apps of the Suite was the reason I bought the Produciton Premium. In CS5.5 - I had only Premiere otherwise I wouldn't have bought the CS6 suite - I was able to include DNG files to my timeline so I expected it to also work in CS6 of course!

To be clear: It's not a bug, it's a feature request. The experimental importer was on our Labs site, not natively installed. I am sorry you got caught between a rock and hard place, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of now, anyone planning on using the Blackmagic camera should plan on moving the CinemaDNG files over to DPX from AE if you have the storage to handle editing those. If not you may want to start looking at Cineform Studio Premium in order to transcode the CinemaDNG over to Cineform. Please follow Kevin's prompting to get native support requested in Premiere for both import and Export . Might not hurt to also e-mail Blackmagic and ask if they will be adding a software install for Adobe that will allow support of CinemaDNG in Premiere at some point in the future like their other codecs. That would likely be available in a faster timeline if they did so. Unbelievable, truly unbelievable.

Eric

ADK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the DPX route is one way to go, but for me the Best bet is using DaVinci Resolve and create either a ProRes or DNxHD file for Premiere. Speedgrade may also be able to work withthese files, but I have not tested it yet  Adobe should immediately add support for all types of CinemaDNG because that camera is going to be everywhere very soon. I would really like to work native with these files rather than transcoding, hopefully that can happen very very soon. 

Ray

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Aug 24, 2012 Aug 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have the Avid Codec plugin installed then you should be able to export DNxHD under QuickTime in AE. Keep in mind Cineform has a Raw codec that should give close to the same quality as CinemaDNG.

Eric

ADK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2012 Sep 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found if you use Resolve to begin the grade on the adobe cinema dng clips you can then send proxies to a file where you can then import the proxies into Primier Pro 6 for editing. Then send them back to Resolve for final grading before sending them back to Premier Pro for output. Here is the link

http://www.blackmagicuser.net/index.php?/topic/115-resolve-adobe-premiere-cs6-round-trip-for-the-cin...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very Helpful...Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ray Tragesser wrote:

I am looking to load some native raw files from the new Blackmagic camera that happen to be in the raw CinemaDNG format. Trying to stay native here if possible.

Thanks

Ray

Here's everything you need to know about the current state of Cinema DNG and Adobe: http://blogs.adobe.com/aftereffects/2012/09/cinemadng-in-after-effects-cs6-and-elsewhere.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines