Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 9 HTML FlashHelp Search Functionality

Aug 22, 2012 Aug 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using RoboHelp 9 HTML with FlashHelp output. FlashPlayer is fully updated, as is RH.

Whenever I access the generated help files, and attempt to Search on any word/phrase, I get a continuous Search (the "progress" bar moves back and forth under the "Searching.." indicator), and it never stops. No results are returned.

I've searched on this, but while I saw results that some words have not been found in the past, I've not seen anything posted about a never-ending search.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Rich

8-22-2012 11-28-01 AM.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 22, 2012 Aug 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you testing after generating and doing so by clicking View at the end of the process?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 23, 2012 Aug 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, Peter...

I have actually tried clicking the View button after generating, drilling down into the folder structure to the index.html file and opening that, and also publishing the output (as to a file location), and then drilling down into that structure and clicking the index.html page. When using each of these methods, I haven't been able to get the Search function to actually complete. I've also copied the files onto another PC and tried use the Search function, and that also had the same results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you use View I would expect the search to work. The other methods might not work as you then get into Flash security issues.

Create a new project with just a couple of topics. Test that and post back to tell me it is working.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter...

Created a small project with only three topics. When I generated it and clicked on the View button, I still get endless Search, with no resolution. And, I've let it run for over a half hour whil I did something else.

Rick...

I double checked after your post, and my Flash settings are all good. The folder is in the trusted list. Also, Flash and ActiveX are both updated to the latest.

Thanks,

Rich

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2012 Aug 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

See the Contact page on my site and send the project as instructed there. Do make sure you include a link to this thread and please do not email the project direct.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

In addition to what my colleague suggested, you might try clicking the link below:

Click here to view

This should display a small Captivate movie that walks you through the process of adding a location to the Flash Player list of trusted locations.

It won't hurt to walk through that process just to be sure it's not a Flash Security thing. Sometimes Flash blocks things without reporting it is doing so via a dialog.

You may also want to ensure you have the latest ActiveX control or Flash Player installed.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp