• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I change the print options?

Participant ,
Aug 23, 2012 Aug 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have been asked by our developers if there is any way I can change the options in the print window that is displayed to the user when they go to print a topic.

We offer a hosted solution from our servers and need to prevent users from being able to access our network. In the print window is a 'Find Printer' button which opens the network explorer. We would like to remove/disable this button.

I can't find anything within RoboHelp that enables me to customise the window.

Does anyone have any ideas about how this might be achieved?

Many thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I'm standing to be corrected on this, but to my knowledge there is NOTHING RoboHelp can do to influence this. I'm not even sure your developers can influence it either. But if so, it would fall squarely in their lap.

As I understand it, within Windows, there are many rather "generic" type dialogs. Further, I understand the printing system is sort of a "subsystem" of its own.

The bottom line here is that I'd be shocked to discover that you will be able to change anything in that dialog.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whilst your users will see the Find Printer option, surely they should not be able to access your network from there unless your permissions are complete rubbish?

They should only be able to access those parts of your network your app allows them to access.

I am not saying it is impossible given all the publicly known hacks but are those guys amongst your customers?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 24, 2012 Aug 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks both for your replies.

Peter - you're quite right about permisisons but our software is healthcare-related and we hold patient data on our servers so we have to comply with particularly strict regulations about this sort of thing.

I'll pass on the info to the developers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2012 Aug 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So is our data and this concern has never been raised by our developers.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp