Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Project without files

Contributor ,
Aug 24, 2012 Aug 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp 9.0.2.271 on Windows 7

Project opens but there are no files, images, multimedia, or style sheets  . There are plenty of broken links (obviously) and the TOC, Index, and Glossary are fine.

There is a corruption somewhere and instead of restoring the entire folder, perhaps there are some files you know of that I can restore individually before I restore the whole folder from my backup.

The IT department is asking me to check the forum first for a solution before contacting them again.

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Aug 24, 2012 Aug 24, 2012

After the restore I started to copy in the .htm files that I had worked on before the project went south. The last .htm file prevented the project from open . So I just restored that last file from last night's backup and all is good to go!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI there

Are you possibly seeing the new Global view in the Project Manager instead of the Classic View you may be used to?

Click image for larger and clearer view

tmp1.PNG

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick,

Thanks for the tip, but no, I am in classic view. Other projects open with files, images, and so on. Just this one project has issues (don't we all have issues?)

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well carp!

So much for the simple and easy fix.

Carry on... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Restored the all the files for the project from backup and the project opens just fine.  Keep your backups up-to-date, people!

Keep Calm and Carry On

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After the restore I started to copy in the .htm files that I had worked on before the project went south. The last .htm file prevented the project from open . So I just restored that last file from last night's backup and all is good to go!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp