Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Builder 4 Run Problem

Dec 15, 2010 Dec 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I Run a project in FB4 sometimes I have this weird problem where the changes I have made do not show up in the project I have just ran.  I can do something as simple as changing a label or complex as changing some AS code and it still has this problem.  I am not sure if it is random or what the issue is.  Has anyone else encountered this or have an answer as to why it might be happening?  Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen this too occasionally, seems to be a bug in Flash Builder. Even a full Refresh / Clean & Build All doesn't always fix it. Have to exit, restart Flash Builder and do another Clean & Build All.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even with a clean and I can see the files being replaced it still is not running the updated files for some weird reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 20, 2010 Dec 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar problem, for which I post the link below, but I never found a solution, so please don't expect too much insight from reading the discussion.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/601971?tstart=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2010 Dec 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I occasionally run into this as well. Very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 23, 2010 Dec 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the SWF hosted on a web server? It may be getting cached by the browser.

Can you post your Flash Builder log the minute after you run into this problem the next time? The log is at workspacedir/.metadata/.log

Usually when Flash Builder performs an incremental compilation and something goes wrong, "An internal build error occurred" will appear in the Problems view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 06, 2012 Aug 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've recently been experiencing an abnormal number of occurrences of this error and Google directed me to this thread. In response to your question, here's the Error Log message that gets added when the "internal build error" occurs:

null

Error

Mon Aug 06 13:11:03 EDT 2012

Uncaught exception in compiler

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.ui.utils.ANE.AppXMLFileANEExtensionHandler.addToAppXmlFile(AppXMLFileANEExtensionHandler.java:74)

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.ui.utils.ANE.AppXMLFileANEExtensionHandler.addToAppXmlFile(AppXMLFileANEExtensionHandler.java:46)

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.ui.utils.ANE.ANEController.applyWorkingCopy(ANEController.java:720)

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.ui.utils.ANE.ANEController.projectIsBuilt(ANEController.java:904)

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.compiler.internal.FlexProjectBuilder.informProjectBuildListener(FlexProjectBuilder.java:156)

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.compiler.internal.FlexProjectBuilder.buildItem(FlexProjectBuilder.java:616)

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.compiler.internal.FlexProjectBuilder.build(FlexProjectBuilder.java:382)

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.compiler.internal.FlexIncrementalBuilder.build(FlexIncrementalBuilder.java:187)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager$2.run(BuildManager.java:728)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:199)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:239)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager$1.run(BuildManager.java:292)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:295)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuildLoop(BuildManager.java:351)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.build(BuildManager.java:374)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.buildInternal(Workspace.java:513)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.build(Workspace.java:422)

at org.eclipse.ui.actions.GlobalBuildAction$1.run(GlobalBuildAction.java:180)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)

My particular project is a Flex Mobile project with a couple of ANEs. I have to restart Flash Builder every couple of times I launch my project though because of this type of error.

Any ideas? Could I provide you with any more information to help track down the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 24, 2012 Aug 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am experiencing the same exact error as Brian above. Does anyone have any clues as to what's wrong here? It's only happening when I try to compile an AIR application for mobile development, and I'm running FB 4.6. I've tried using different versions of the Flex/AIR SDK to no avail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 26, 2010 Dec 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seemed to have figured this out.

1)  You must have 0 errors in the problems log when compiling

2)  You may need to press the refresh button on your browser

3)  If that doesn't work you can clean out your temp internet files.

The problem for me seemed to be that I needed to refresh the page.  Not sure why.  I hope this helps someone else too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines