• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with Flash Player

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2012 Aug 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have satelite internet...so i am not sure if that is why I am having problems. I have Windows 7 and internet explorer. I am trying to download the lastest version of Flash Player. I install it and it completes 100% and the website will say installation complete. Also, when I check my version of flash player that is on my computer through the Adobe website it says the lastest version is installed.

The problem is....once flash player is installed it will not show up on my computer. Also when I try to go to websites that require flash player i get an error message saying "you need flash player to view this. To install flash player click here." I do not understand why Adobe's website says it is installed, but all the other websites will not work.

I recently downloaded Adobe Reader and it is working just fine.

Help please??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 23, 2012 Aug 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please go to the following page and let us know which version of Flash Player is installed on your machine? http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html

Do you see 11.4.402.265 there?

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2012 Aug 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I see 11.4.402.265. And the video is working. Thats what I mean when I said the Adobe website says it is installed and working But all the other websites that use Flash Player say I need to install it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also don't see Adobe Flash Player anywhere on my computer. Usually it saves on the desktop, but it is no where to be found.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player is a browser add-on, and does not put anything on the desktop.  Make sure it is enabled under Internet Explorer 'Manage Add-ons'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2012 Aug 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Shockwave Flash Object is enabled under Internet Explorer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried everything that the Adobe website suggested I do to get it to work and nothing is working. I really need to get this working ASAP so I can get my college work done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only other option I can think of is http://forums.adobe.com/thread/867968

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 27, 2012 Aug 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'd also recommend trying Google Chrome to see if we're dealing with a problem specific to IE or something system wide.  Chrome is bundled with it's own version of Flash Player so there's only one thing to install.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines