Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to update Flash Player

Aug 24, 2012 Aug 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to update to the latest version of Flash Player.

I'm using Firefox 14.0.1 and Windows XP-Home. I'm currently running V11.3.300.271 of Flash Player.

The usual update dialogue box appeared and I clicked on update. Instead of updating like normal, it took me to the Get Adobe website. Presumably this was because Adobe wanted to try to get me to download Mcafee security software. I opted out of the kind offer and tried to continue installing. It downloaded the installation file OK, but when I double-clicked on it to update Flash Player, I got an error message saying "Internet Explorer Script Error. An error has occurred in the script on this page. Do you want to continue running scripts on this page". Clicking on "yes" achieves nothing.

I tried several times yesterday and once today and got the same message each time. I turned my PC off yesterday, so rebooting doesn't help.

Has anybody else experienced this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 24, 2012 Aug 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 02, 2012 Sep 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had exactly the same problem on other PCs too.

The offline installer worked OK on the first PC.

I use Firefox, so used the "other browsers" installer. Do I also need to install the IE installer in case I use IE in the future?

Thanks.

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 02, 2012 Sep 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are planning to use Internet Explorer, then you may also want to install the IE version of Flash Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 06, 2012 Sep 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your help.

It's annoying that on the 3 PCs I've updated so far, I've been unable to update using the normal update procedure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines