14 Replies Latest reply: Aug 27, 2012 7:39 AM by David__B RSS

Every month my yearly subscription expires despite Adobe taking money out of my bank account?

onomonopeea Community Member

Every month since I subscribed to Adobe Creative Cloud, I get a message stating that my subscription to the cloud has expired? Yet, there has been no problem with Adobe taking the monthly subscription dues from out of my bank account. Then I must go thru the rig-a-ma-roo to update my account manually in order tyo restore being able to use the programs I need. And another thing, (although you might consider it to be a second question), I must enter and re-enter my Adobe ID and password to go to the next page in succession. I wouldn't mind doing so if for a security reasoning but it appears as a risk to only my redundancy? Things could run much more smoothly if per chance you could identify these hassles prior to confirming my bank account routing number?

• 1. Re: Every month my yearly subscription expires despite Adobe taking money out of my bank account?
          David__B Adobe Employee

Hi John,

:

Sorry to hear about your frustrations. Reading over your description I wondered the following.

- When you say you are getting a message saying that it is about to expire is this an email or some kind of notification is the software?

- Can you elaborate a little more about this rig-a-ma-roo that you have to go through to continue using the software? Maybe next time it happens describe the process here on the forums (or potentially post a screen shot)?

- Is there consistent internet connect connectivity on the machine giving this behavior

The software does confirm your subscription status every 30 days, this requires internet access and typically should occur silently in the background unless from some reason it can't connect. If it can't connect, you should get a message telling you internet connectivity is required to continue using the service (this is the grace period). The software will continue to work for 7 days in this grace period before it quits working because of not being able to confirm subscription status. I'm not sure how that fits into what you are seeing but I would like to better understand in order to help.

-Dave

• 2. Re: Every month my yearly subscription expires despite Adobe taking money out of my bank account?

Hello David, Whenever I open a program, let’s say Illustrator, a pop up window appears stating my ACC has expired. Please see attached screenshots. I only have two options that being to choose either hyperlinks and take it from there? This is when the rig-a-ma-roo begins. Neither hyperlink will lead me to find the subscription manager nor anywhere else for me to update or figure why my ACC has expired or means to update or correct the subscription. I’ve learned to avoid all these complications and just continue to use the program anyway. As you said a grace period, but even that fails and I cannot use illustrator period. I found the way to finally do the update but for the like of me I do not remember this route the following month when it happens again? And again. And again. Now I am so cross eyed and bewildered I pose the question to the forum of which I try to avoid do in the first place? I just do not have the time for anymore rig-a-ma-roo. I’m not being antisocial either. I just do not have the time for any more run around? Who does? I must say I greatly appreciate your time and interest to help me. I do not see you as any type of run around however you spell or express it. I have just found that Adobe is just not fail safe. Which may be expected but not at the extent that I have found when using their programs. Should I begin to reveal my problems with Muse, Business Catalyst? No, because those other support plans are working on them presently? It is enough to put you out of business or ever even trying to start one? Now I find myself humbled thinking I’m just a dumb crap. Sorry for the attitude as I do not mean to direct it at you. So my big question now is why on earth I’ve been charged and unable to use these programs I need? Where is compensation for that? You don’t happen to have a phone number to any head honcho’s in corporate by any chance? Thanks much, John

• 3. Re: Every month my yearly subscription expires despite Adobe taking money out of my bank account?
              David__B Adobe Employee

Hey John,

Thanks for the additional details and explanation. For whatever reason the  screen shots didn't seem to come through. Would it be possible to try posting them again? There was an issue with some of the applications reverting into trial mode. With that issue the programs would launch in trial mode and you would have to sign in with you Adobe ID again. That sounds different than what you were seeing though with these two hyperlinks and it saying your account has expired. You gave Illustrator as an example, is the expired thing something happening with all of the CS6 applications? Is it still happening? I use Creative Cloud myself and haven't experienced what you are describing but I have heard a few other sporadic reports that sounded similar, so am wanting understand the situation and hopefully get to the underlying cause. If you wouldn't mind trying again with the screen shots I'd be much obliged.

-Dave

• 4. Re: Every month my yearly subscription expires despite Adobe taking money out of my bank account?

David, I’ll send them once again plus a couple more that follow through with the problem. This has happened with Dreamweaver, Illustrator, Muse, Flash Pro, After Effects, Photoshop and I think it has happened with Bridge also? Perhaps you know Zak Williamson of Adobe Muse? I have had an ongoing problem when publishing Muse. Currently I have a website that I have been designing and I have not been able to publish any new content in 3 weeks? My client is beside himself with anxiety about drastic reduction in visitation over this time period. In fact he has almost given up on me as the creator and Adobe’s inability to resolve problems in a timely manner in this Muse software. He is also flipping the bill on my subscription with Adobe Creative Cloud. Since I have not been able to publish content for this entire time He and I would like to inquire about prorating my subscription to give us some hope in compensation for all these hang-ups? There are so many other issues with Adobe that I am losing faith that they actually have any credible software without problems even being offered to the public? I’m sorry, but I have been through so much time wasting events and inadequate sales and support representatives. Thanks, John

From

• 5. Re: Every month my yearly subscription expires despite Adobe taking money out of my bank account?
                  PixatePhotography

I'm getting this constant "reverting to trial mode" that David alludes to. The 'chat' representatives are hopeless, don't even read a carefully written explaination of the problem... Acrobat wants me to reboot every time I lauch it...

What David describes, this 'grace' period of 7 days would be fine if it worked, but I'm experiencing the exact same problems almost every time I launch a program. For a small business this loss of productivity is just unacceptable and today I am considering abandoning Creative Cloud and reverting to outright software purchase.

Creative Cloud experience.jpg

If only the error message gave me a way to "contact Customer Support" without paying for a support plan

• 6. Re: Every month my yearly subscription expires despite Adobe taking money out of my bank account?

Hello Dave, Pixatephotography, I’m relatively new at Forums and so becoming aware of how some things come to light when I think I’m emailing privately and low and behold I’ve posted publically? Since I had dropped a name per say in this discussion let me offer my apology for doing so? Zak Williamson has shown keen interest in finding resolve for the publishing issue with Muse. His efforts have solved other problems that I have had with Muse along the way. I appreciate his help very much being the only one I’ve had the pleasure to meet from Adobe that really has. I’m hoping for good, “Nuse”, today from him? I would hope that others in the position with clout, may raise an eyebrow to all this frustration and make corrections to course before there is all together rejection of Adobe Creative Cloud? Perhaps this is just a bump in the road but it is needing to be said. I sure hope so? Thanks, John

• 7. Re: Every month my yearly subscription expires despite Adobe taking money out of my bank account?
                      David__B Adobe Employee

@Pixatephotography, for the 130:11 error, please try this

Ensure you are connected to the internet

1. Close Acrobat X

2. Launch the Adobe Application Manager from either the Start menu (Win) or alias in the Applications folder (Mac)

3. Launch one of your other CS6 products on the system, like Photoshop CS6

4. In that product choose Help > Deactivate

5. Close the product

6. Relaunch that product and sign in with your Adobe ID

7. Launch Acrobat X and see if the 130:11 error is gone

Please try this, it should permanently resolve the 130:11 issue

-Dave

• 8. Re: Every month my yearly subscription expires despite Adobe taking money out of my bank account?
                        David__B Adobe Employee

Hey John,

I don't know that much about the Muse software and it sounds like you are already working with others on the Muse forum on that front. I am interested in getting a better understanding regarding what is happening with this activation issue you describe getting with the all different apps. Could you try again regarding posting a screen shot?

Thanks,

-Dave

• 9. Re: Every month my yearly subscription expires despite Adobe taking money out of my bank account?

Dave, I've been sending these screenshots as attachments and inserted as pictures within an email? I will try posting them here directly. Eventually after alot of time trying to figure, RIG-A-MA-ROO, of how to update my subscription and time not being able to use the software needed, EVERY MONTH THIS HAPPENS. i usually figure it out? As per the SUCCESSFUL image. Thanks, John

CLOUD EXPIRATION.pngScreenShot001 (8).pngTRYING TO FIND SUBSCRIPTION MANAGER.pngSUBSCRIPTION TERMS.pngScreenShot002 (4).png

• 10. Re: Every month my yearly subscription expires despite Adobe taking money out of my bank account?
                            PixatePhotography Community Member

Thanks David, I've tried your solution and hopefully the issue has resolved itself - only time will tell as it's been erratic. If you don't hear from me, assume it worked! John, sorry to 'hijack' your thread, but that is often the way things get resolved on forums - good luck with your subscription issue.

• 11. Re: Every month my yearly subscription expires despite Adobe taking money out of my bank account?
                              PixatePhotography Community Member

Whilst I'm here, i have no idea if this would be anything to do with your Muse issue John, but I managed to lock myself out of Muse by changing my adobe ID email address (to a more useful one for my purposes). The option was there so I took it - it didn't upset anything else except Muse, but to cut a long story short I had to end up going back to my original log-in email to get Muse back.

• 12. Re: Every month my yearly subscription expires despite Adobe taking money out of my bank account?
                                David__B Adobe Employee

Hi John

Thanks for posting the screen shots. It looks like the service is having diffculties connecting to our licensing server to confirm the status of your subscription. It is normal for it to do this every 30 days. At the top of the first screen shot it lists not being able to connect to the internet. This generally occurs because some setting or software (typically firewall) is blocking access.

I would suggest checking out this document when you get the chance
                                http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html

-Dave

• 13. Re: Every month my yearly subscription expires despite Adobe taking money out of my bank account?

Hello David, I had chance to follow through with your link and opened the host folder and there is nothing there that stands out for deletion. Went as far as to allow access with windows firewall and added the exception. We’ll have to see if this changes things next time this issue rolls around? I’ll keep you posted. Thank you, John

• 14. Re: Every month my yearly subscription expires despite Adobe taking money out of my bank account?
                                    David__B Adobe Employee

Sounds good, thanks John. Let me know if when the time rolls around for you to renew again if you are still having difficulties.

-Dave