• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After downloading adobe flash it doesn't show up on my computer!

Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2012 Apr 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep downloading flash and it says it has been downloaded succesfully but when I go to find it on my computer it doesn't show up anywhere. I'm trying to watch videos and cant because it says I need to download flash but for some reason it isn't working. My computer runs on windows 7.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

we have the same problem help us

i think there's a problem in adobe flash player download link when it comes to window 7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry correction I have Inernet Explorer 9

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah i cant download it in both ie 9 and firefox

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it doing the same thing for you? It looks as if it is downloaded properly but when I try to find it on my computer it is nowhere to be found.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yup i encounter it before i cant download it

after the downloading i click it and try to install after installation failed the installer disappeared in my downloading folder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download the full installers from http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html#Install_in_a_... and save them to disk, then close all browser windows and run the downloaded installers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2012 Apr 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having this problem too. The allegedly successfully downloaded file is in my computer's programme list, but shows 0MB file size. Installation problem starts every time when it doesn't bring up the terms and conditions box for me to agree to prior to installation. It goes straight to (not) downloading the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2012 Apr 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click the appropriate link from http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-pla yer-windows.html#Install_in_a....

Then save it by clicking Save.

Then double-click the file that you saved.

save.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2012 Apr 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried that. Didn't work. File list still shows program installed but no size next to the file. Did ask me to agree to installation this time, but it made no difference to the outcome. When on adobe site at the box that's supposed to show the version of flash player installed or an error message, it is completely blank. Every time I 'download' flash player the web message I get back from adobe is that it has successfully downloaded. It hasn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your Windows version & edition?

What web browser(s) do you use?

What files do you have in C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash and C:\Windows\syswow64\Macromed\Flash ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P.S. what are the permissions for these two folders in my earlier post?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2012 Apr 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, post crashing!

@Pat Willener, I am running WIndows XP Home 2002, using the latest Firefox (downloaded 2 days ago) and  I went in to my System32\Macromed etc folder and found the files in the image below. I don't know how to find permissions - I'm a bit clueless here. Your help would be appreciated as to what to do next. Thanks!

flash file.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 25, 2012 Apr 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

disaster_barbie: thank you for the information - you seem to have all the correct Flash Player files.  What exactly is your problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2012 Apr 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem - so frustrating!!!  3 different computers - 2 desktops (32 and 64 bit) and a laptop - all fairly recent - and I can't successfully download Flash.  Like others here, the download certainly looks successful, and I when I use crapcleaner to uninstall, it shows up then to uninstall, but none of the suggestions in this forum work (I only see exe files that will uninstall, not install) and I am wondering what's up with such a non-functional download!!!  Any other NEW suggestions? Is this a problem inherent with Adobe, and if so, will they fix it??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mbwhichwhat wrote:

Same problem - so frustrating!!!

What is your problem?  So far, each poster had a different problem.  Please describe exactly what your problem is, and also include your Windows information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I go to the adobe download site and download the latest version of flashplayer (and yes, I delete what my computer thinks are old copies first). It seems to go seamlessly to completion, but it doesn't 'show up' - none of the programs requiring flashplayer work and I can't search for it. But if I use crapcleaner to uninstall, it says it's there. very frustrating. I can't use the audio on Tumblr at all because of this, which is very frustrating to my students as well.... Thanks for any insight.

Maribeth Watwood, PhD

Professor and Chair

Department of Biological Sciences

Northern Arizona University

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the download is broken - flash download times out - so does reader.  Can't install the software if we can't download it.  Somebody from Adobe TRY IT.  When you get the save menu, that's just the first part - then it goes out to lunch for about a minute or two and then starts downloading the actual software and this is where it times out.  That's why some people can't find it on their computer - the download failed.

Please don't tell us how to do it - go out and try the download yourself.  I have 3 computers and the download times out on each one - have high speed cable so that's not the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mbwhichwhat wrote:

... but it doesn't 'show up'

Please try a clean install, as described in http://forums.adobe.com/thread/928315

Assuming that you are on Windows, as all previous posters in this topic, download and run the appropriate installer(s) from http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html#Install_in_a_...

If you still have problems, please specify your Windows version & edition, as well as the web browser(s) you use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2012 May 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pat – still no luck. I tried it today on my work PC with the exact same result – and I did follow the instructions for the clean install. I run various versions of windows on my various computers (that makes 4 now that this is a problem with) – Windows 7, vista… I prefer firefox, but if it will only work in explorer, I’ll use that. Thanks so much!

Maribeth Watwood, Ph.D.

Chair, Department of Biological Sciences

Northern Arizona University

Flagstaff, AZ 86011-5640

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 01, 2012 May 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you see the Flash animation at http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ ?

On one computer where it does not work, please tell us what files you have in

• C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash ?
  • C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash ?

Also, can you list the contents of the FlashInstall.log file in both of the above folders.

Finally, if you type  about:plugins  in the address bar in Firefox, does it list Shockwave Flash as an enabled plugin?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2012 Aug 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to say i'm super frustrated with this as well. I flushed the computer clean so once reloading a bunch of stuff back on the computer adobe flash player was one of the things I had to put back on. The reader went on fine saved to my desktop ok. The flash player is far from as simple to get on there as you'd think. At least not smoothly. I use windows 7 (Interet explorer 9)  and avast. It "says" it installs sucessfully yet the only place I can find it when it was SUPPOSED to be saved to the desktop is in the uninstall programs list. I think its installed on my computer now after checking a bunch of forums and trying different things (diasabling this and that)  to try to figure out whats going on.  It shows up on this page http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html  .... Anyways I spent wayyyyyyyyyy too much time on something that should and use to be so simple. Clearly im not the only one having this problem. I think something needs to be done for people to be able to download this with less hassle and headaches.  avast+IE9+Windows 7+trying to download adobe flash =

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 22, 2012 Aug 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kiraaaaa wrote:

It shows up on this page http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html

Flash Player is a browser add-on, and as you have just shown, it works perfectly on your system.

If you need more help, please start a new topic and explain what exactly does not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2012 Aug 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no offense pat but just because its supposedly working on my cpu now is no out for the fact it was abosolutely infuriating to get to work on the cpu, and i still think adobe should be making it more user friendly. thanks for your concern anyways.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2012 Aug 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

alright so i went and reinstalled both the reader and flash. clearly you were right by the way pat, the flash player works perfectly on my system, which must be why you tube's telling me i need to update my flash player even thought i have the latest version. i'm fed up with two days fo trying to get this program to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines