• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't uninstall Flash Player 9.0.45.0

Contributor ,
Jul 21, 2012 Jul 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Opera as my default browser and have problems due to Flash Player 9, where I get debug errors, etc for several sites that are not Flash based but apparently have Flash elements on them. I've tried all of the steps listed on Adobe's site (run the uninstaller, delete files in several folders, etc, then reboot), but when I go back to the help page to check my Flash player's status, I  see that Flash player 9.0.45.0 is still running! I've even gone into the Registry to try to remove the Safe Versions folder as suggested in another support thread, but there is no Safe Versions folder in my Registry. This problem locks up my browser and is extremely frustrating. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 15, 2012 Aug 15, 2012

Hi Pat,

I am having very similar problem as Bruce for my Opera that Flash Player ver.9 cannot be uninstalled for allowing the newest flash player ver. 11 install and replace the older version. I have followed all the steps in Adobe help by downloaded the uninstall program to uninstall the Flash Player and even using TuneUp Utilities 2012 program to remove all Opera related registries after uninstalled Opera. Hoping that it will have a clean start to install latest version Opera Ver. 12.01. After

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 21, 2012 Jul 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do you have that Flash Player version installed?  I do not know Opera, but the browser should be able to tell you where it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 23, 2012 Jul 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked in Preferences, etc, but couldn't find it. Now it's even worse. I can't even install the new Flash player. Sure, it says it is installed, but when I go to a page with Flash on it (like a Flash video player), I get an error that Flash isn't installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 23, 2012 Jul 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to tell us a little bit more...

What is your operating system & version?

Can you search your hard disk for NPSWF* ?

What is the exact error message when you try to install a newer FP version?

In Opera, can you find other installed plugins, but not FP?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 24, 2012 Jul 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Windows 7.

I found 6 instances of NPSWF. Should I delete all of them?

I don't get an error when installing. I attempt the install and it claims to be successful, but when I go to a page that uses Flash, I get a message that I need to install Flash.

I run very few plugins. I did find QuickTime.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 24, 2012 Jul 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BruceMCE wrote:

I found 6 instances of NPSWF. Should I delete all of them?

I wouldn't recommend that; can you tell me where these are located, and the full file names?

I will, over the next days, install Opera on my Windows 7 machine, then see how Opera works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2012 Aug 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pat,

I am having very similar problem as Bruce for my Opera that Flash Player ver.9 cannot be uninstalled for allowing the newest flash player ver. 11 install and replace the older version. I have followed all the steps in Adobe help by downloaded the uninstall program to uninstall the Flash Player and even using TuneUp Utilities 2012 program to remove all Opera related registries after uninstalled Opera. Hoping that it will have a clean start to install latest version Opera Ver. 12.01. After installed the clean copy of Opera, then installed the Flash Player 11, a message indicated that it is successfully installed. Went back to Adobe and check for flash player version installed in Opera, still showing ver. 9.0.45.0.

Also found NPSWF in C:\Program Files\Opera\program\plugins

Opera Plugin 1.jpgOpera Plugin 2.jpg

When using facebook in Opera, the following error messages kept popping up:

Error1.jpgError2.jpg

VerifyError: Error#1033: Cpool entry 38 is wrong type & ReferenceError #1065 Variable SoundPlayer is not defined.

When logging on to gmail, the following errors popped up and then hanged Opera. Forced closing is required:

Error3.jpgError4.jpg

Error: Error#2099: The loading object is not sufficiently loaded to provide this information at flash. display::LoaderInfo/get loader[] at com.google.uploader..FailUploader$init[]

Error#2044: Unhandled IOErrorEvent: text=Error #2036: Load Never Completed.

Hoping the photos and above information can help you to tickle the problem in Opera.

Look forward to your good news!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 16, 2012 Aug 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Opera, go to http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html - what version does it show as installed?

I have just installed Opera, and I don't have anything in C:\Program Files\Opera\program\plugins except a readme.txt file.

Try the following:

• close Opera
  • open a Command Prompt (Start | Run | cmd)
  • navigate to C:\Program Files\Opera\program\plugins
  • type regsvr32 /u npswf32.dll
  • exit
  • uninstall Opera
  • delete the Opera folder under C:\Program Files
  • reinstall Opera

Now check the Flash Player version again at http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 17, 2012 Aug 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Pat. That did it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2012 Aug 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot Pat!  Also got it working with latest flash player in Opera!!  So happy ^=^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2012 Aug 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pat,

It is me again.

Just installed to the newest flash player version:  11.4.402.265.

IE is showing this latest version but my Opera still showing: 11.3.300.271

Tried to repeat the same procedures as for solving update from version 9 to 11.3.300.271  but did not work this time.  This is so wierd that every update installation never get done and always needing to do something?  Pls help so that my Opera browser can keep up to date for the latest flash player.

Thks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 25, 2012 Aug 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What files do you have in

• C:\Program Files\Opera\program\plugins ?
  • C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing in  C:\Program Files\Opera\program\plugins (just a readme.txt)

C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash have the followings:

Flash32_11_3_300_271.ocx

Flash32_11_4_402_265.ocx

FlashInstall

flashplayer.xpt

FlashPlayerPlugin_11_3_300_271

FlashPlayerUpdateService

FlashUtil32_11_3_300_271_Plugin

FlashUtil32_11_4_402_265_ActiveX.dll

FlashUtil32_11_4_402_265_ActiveX

mms.cfg

NPSWF32_11_3_300_271.dll

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like the update only installed the ActiveX (for Internet Explorer), but not the plugin.

Manually download and run the plugin installer from http://helpx.adobe.com/content/help/en/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.ht...

Restart Windows after that to make sure the old 11.3 files are deleted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2012 Aug 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Pat,

It is now working and got updated to version 11.4.402.265 for Opera too.

Wonder if I always need to make extra effort to check and install flash player in Opera plugin myself for all future updates in the future?

Thks!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 26, 2012 Aug 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Minor updates should install automatically in the background; bigger version updates (e.g. from 11.3 to 11.4) will push a manual update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines