• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Plugin-version update with IE as standard browser

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2012 Aug 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7 x64, IE + Firefox, previously ActiveX + Plugin versions 11.3.300.271, update to version 11.4.402.265.

While IE is standard browser i got the plugin-version after clicking the update-message. (After a few tries) I could get the ActiveX version via the initial plugin-update webpage and changing "/plugin/" to "/activex/". (I had saved saved the adress on screenshot). Other attempts all went to a full install instead of update-installer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pr0tocollage wrote:

I could get the ActiveX version via the initial plugin-update webpage and changing "/plugin/" to "/activex/".

Sorry, I do not understand this,

Pr0tocollage wrote:

Other attempts all went to a full install instead of update-installer.

I am not aware that there is a different installer than the full install (which uninstalls the previous version).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1 At clicking the button for updating in the message, i was sent to the adress https://get3.adobe.com/nl/flashplayer/update/plugin/ . i re-typed the adress into the adressbar changing plugin to activex.

2 At above-mentioned adress the update-button gave me an installer for the update, with which i could choose to run immediatly or save it to install later on, as is normal with instalers. I am under the impression that it is an installer only for the update as it says "nu bijwerken" (In Dutch, translated : "revise now").

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the explanation; I understand now.

I believe that you always get the full installer, even if it is only an update (which will replace all files in the install folder).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines