• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Form submission to different e-mails depending on choices

Aug 27, 2012 Aug 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I am trying to create a web form in BC where the user will choose a department from a drop-down list (12 choices), and depending on what department they choose, the message created should go to the correct e-mail. How do I go about doing this?

TOPICS
Content management and modules , Email marketing , Newbie Corner

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there.

Do you want their data to be stored in the CRM as well as go out to these options?
Are these optional email addresses seperate from the company running the website or different people in that company?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your quick reply!

We currently use a different CRM system, but I guess it would be beneficial to be able to store this data, so we could use it later if it we choose to, but it is not a must at this time. Our company have 13 different departments the user will choose from, and the e-mail will go to the selected department within the same company.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok,

Another question is why are you using another CRM system? Every interaction via forms, eCommerce, and more is not being utilised if your using BC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our website is being designed in Adobe Muse and we find it convenient to use BC to publish the site and take advantage of the blog and form functions. I'm sure we will dig into the other possibilities within BC too, but at this time, it is most important to get our website up and running and to make the forms work as they should 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you only have a webbasic account using BC?

Sorry for asking questions but they important ones. If I suggest things your not able to use or implement then they are not helpful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a Webcommerce (5 users) subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have a few options here.

One option is to create multiple workflows with email only users applied to them, all different per different person. You can then read and note all the workflow ID's for each workflow. You can then create a dropdown with those workflow ID's as the values and the names as the People to contact.

You can then add a paramater to the web form action that is added onChange of the dropdown to submit the form using the chosen workflow.

Another option is to have two web forms, one which is your normal web form with workflow for the admin of the website and a dropdown to choose who the email goes to with values of the actual emails. You can then have a hidden form which is populated based on the information from the other form. This form is an email only form which BC can also do. The TO: aspect of the action paramater can be set based on the users chosen option from the dropdown. You can then use ajax web form submission to submit both forms at the same time if successful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2012 Sep 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I need to do the same thing, and I have seen a few references that changing the workflow id with a dropdown onchange function works, but i can;t find any info on what tag needs to be changed, or where is that parameter to be changed in the form code? Is it part of the  the web form post url?if so which tag is it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2012 Oct 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recall that there was a great JS snippet/example that showed exactly how to do this on the old bc site. Anyone happen to know where that went?

The topic was:

Multiple workflows with the one Web Form - Adobe Business Catalyst

Alexa Traffic Rank for http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&ved=0CDgQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.businesscatalyst.com%2FForumRetrieve.aspx%3FForumID%3D55%26TopicID%3D14934%26NoTemplate%3DFalse&ei=Qix3UK2bIuThiwLKvICABw&usg=AFQjCNHyisz-dowTyAwZ9YacTS4SvD0tUQ&sig2=ML2_cunCFBeiAUg9O7ObEg: 2www.businesscatalyst.com/ForumRetrieve.aspx?...55...

4 posts - 3 authors - May 19, 2010

We would like to set up a contact form that triggers a range of different workflows based upon the subject selected in  a drop down menu like this ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2013 Jan 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I also need to have form submissions be sent to multiple emails based on a drop down choice.

(A contact form where you choose the department from a drop down)

I'm on the web commerce plan, and would like to be able to store the info in the CRM.

Liam's solution for using multiple work flows seems like it would work for me. I'm just having trouble on some of the code.

Where do I find in the form code, what work flow is specified?  Any more details on how to set this up would be very helpful, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 23, 2013 Jan 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2013 Jan 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Liam, your a godsend! I'd buy you a drink if I could Thank you so much, it was actually much simplier than what I was trying to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines