• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error Message: "The parameter is incorrect" when trying to modify SSLs

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2012 Aug 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like I wrote in my subject line, RoboHelp pop-ups the error message “The Parameter is incorrect” when I try to modify any SSL.

What happens next, is that the “Print Document General” window opens, but does not allow me to select anything (the fields are blank).

If I close the window and open it again, it seems to work until I have to select the styles from our Microsoft Word Template.

Then the error message “The parameter is incorrect” appears again, and RoboHelp does not allow me to select anything but a stylesheet

(which is not what I need).

This is very strange, because not only  until recently I was able to build Word documents and PDFs, but also my colleagues are able to

produce them out of my source.

Even the old projects, that I was able to build, now I cannot.

I do not have any problem in generating CHMs.

Until now I have tried everything I found in the forum:

1. I deleted the PSS file (also following the advice in your snippet number 14 from 10 – RoboHelp HTML –Features and Use).

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/120022

1. I reinstalled RoboHelp and the Adobe Technical Communication Suite (I also used CCleaner to delete the registries).

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/598335

1. I gave Administrator rights to all users in my computer (what seemed to work for some SSLs, but not for all)

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/870339

I am also looking at all programs that I installed since the last time I was able to build .docs in case there is a conflict, but I do not find anything!

My computer has Windows 7 installed and I use the Adobe Technical Communication Suite 3.5, with RoboHelp 9.

My Microsoft Office is 2010.

Can somebody please help me? Did someone have the same problem?

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I know you said you reinstalled, but did you reinstall before or after you gave administrator rights to all users on your computer? And how many users *ARE* on your computer?

Often you need administrator rights to properly install things.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

thanks for answering so quickly!

I reinstalled before giving rights to all users. I am the administrator of my computer, that is why it is strange that for some reason I did not have all the rights from the beginning.

I attached a screenshot, so that you know what I mean about the rights.

rights.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that everyone on the computer is an admin, I'd suggest uninstalling and reinstalling once again.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

I found a solution in the middle .

I found an article about how, although you may think that you are the administrator of your computer, Windows 7 does not want you to be (if anyone is interested this is the English version of the one I read in German: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/507-built-administrator-account-enable-disable.html).

Now as the real administrator, I can change the SSLs without problem.

What I still do not understand is how I could build the pdfs and docs before, and all of the sudden I could not, or why I still could build the CHMs... but I guess that is one of the many misteries about RoboHelp (and Windows ) that I will probably never understand.

Anyway, thank you for your help, hopefully I will not need it for this problem again.

Cheers,

Ana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2012 Aug 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Win7 changed the old rules we were used to under WinXP - if you were an admin, you automatically got access to all the files & folders on your c:\ drive; now you have to "promote" yourself to give you the same rights.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp