• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you order topics within the Project Manager?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2008 Sep 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I notice that the workflow in RH is that first you use the Project Manager (PM) to build a sort of structured topic database, and then you use the database to generate a TOC.

Ok, so far so good, but the immediate little issue I am having is that I see that the PM arranges my topics within each folder in alphabetical order. Since, by default, the TOC is generated with the topics in this default order, I would like to change the order in which the topics are arranged within the PM. I don't seem to find any way to do this. I can't drag and there are no Move buttons for this pod. What am I missing?

TIA

- avi

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just noticed the thread a little earlier entitled, "out of order chapters in RH".

So I am not the only having the problem. Is this serious? Is this RoboHelp 7 or RoboHelp 1?

This looks pretty bad.

- avi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Avi

You aren't missing anything. That's the way it works with the Project Manager Pod. It simply lists your topic files in alphabetical order.

For starters, I would never recommend that anyone always automatically create the TOC. I might suggest using that only as a first step in building a TOC. After it has been built initially, any added or amended topics would then be manually added and rearranged by you after the changes have been made.

Unless you are happy with things that way (and I assume you aren't as you are posting to ask how to make it different) you will find yourself constantly frustrated. Note that if you auto create the TOC, you get ALL topics inside. And in many help files there are topics that never see the light of day in the TOC structure.

All that aside, I do see a great many folks that want to have an ability to arrange topics in their Project Manager pod as they want. For you and anyone else that wants this, you should consider submitting a Wish Form to ask for the feature.

Click here to view the WishForm/Bug Reporting Form

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2008 Sep 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks for the response,

- avi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp