• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how do i change favicon.ico in adobe muse?

Aug 27, 2012 Aug 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do i change favicon.ico in adobe muse?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 27, 2012 Aug 27, 2012

Choose File:Site Properties... and click the little folder icon to choose a file.

That will set the same favicon for your whole site. It's also possible to set a favicon on a master page, or on an individual page. Just bring up the page properties dialog for that page...

Screen Shot 2012-08-27 at 9.45.51 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Choose File:Site Properties... and click the little folder icon to choose a file.

That will set the same favicon for your whole site. It's also possible to set a favicon on a master page, or on an individual page. Just bring up the page properties dialog for that page...

Screen Shot 2012-08-27 at 9.45.51 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanls

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 02, 2013 Jan 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does Muse not seem to be able to import .ico files to use as favicons?

I find that very strange, unless I'm missing something!

I had to convert an icon file I wanted to use to a .png before Muse would import it, and then it zoomed it in and made it all blurry.

The original icon and png file was 16x16. Muse seems to have made it 32x32.

Is there any way of avoiding this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can choose any square png, gif, or jpeg image file for you favicon. Muse will automatically convert it to a 32x32 favicon.ico file. For best results, size your image file to 32x32 in your image editing app first.

Muse doesn't currently support specifying an ico file to use. You could add a feature request for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Lance.

I will try it again with the icon converted to a 32x32 image first.

I will put the feature request through too though.

If you want to add a favicon icon to a page, you would surely expect to be able to import an existing icon directly!

Cheers, Dave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 21, 2014 Sep 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think that's the way Muse is intended to work. It's supposed to do the work for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 07, 2013 Apr 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lance,

I am facing a similar issue where the old favicon and the title of the page is not changing. I tried changing the page properties via the manage site and also via Muse - site properties.

Any help would be really appreciated.

thanks,

Anamika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 07, 2013 Apr 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you've changed it in site properties and made sure it's not overriden in the page properties for your master page or regular page, the problem is probably browser caching. Some browsers cache the favicon and don't fetch it again even if you clear the browser cache. Try visiting your site from another computer which hasn't previously visited it to see the new favicon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2013 Apr 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Worked fine! Muse is so much easier to use that Dreamweaver for me, love it. I spent ages unsucessfully trying to do this through third party generators for Dreamweaver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 09, 2015 Sep 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I select multiple files to add a favicon icon?

Let's say I choose a set of multiple files in the dialog box

favicon_16x16.png

favicon_32x32.png

favicon_64x64.png

and Adobe Muse does the rest.

Is that possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 15, 2015 Oct 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

This is not working for under:

http://www.seo-werbeagentur-stuttgart.de

The favicon is missing but it is on the referenz page which uses the same png file. What can I do to make it appear on the start page, too ?

Thank you

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the favicon set correctly on the Site Properties page?

If so, it should appear on every page of the site, unless overridden on a page by page basis on individual pages as detailed in the earlier posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

yes it is set to the same icon on all pages, as well on the master page. As you can see it works on the referenz page and the impressum.

I was thinking about deleting it on the server but can't find it. Can you tell me where it is located?

Thank you

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 16, 2015 Oct 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The favicon.ico file should be in the top folder on the server with the html files.

If it isn't there, that's probably why it's not working!

Try exporting the site as html to a local folder and see if it's there then.

If it isn't the favicon system on Muse must be malfunctioning in some way, and I would try deleting all the favicons from all the pages and try again just applying it to the site properties page and seeing if that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you,

That worked, I only used the master page and the icon appeared on all other.

Cheers

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, glad you sorted it out!

If you had used the site properties page that should have done the same thing.

Doing it on the master page should only be necessary if you have more than one master page and want one master page's child pages to have a different favicon from another.

If you only have one master page and all the other pages are its children the end result is the same as doing it on the site properties page of course.

You should now be able to have different favicons on individual pages if you want to, as the page favicon should override the master page one if all is working correctly, at least that's my understanding of the way it works!

Cheers, Dave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 19, 2015 Oct 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I understood the procedure. The only little problem I see in terms of GUI design is that I am no able to distinguish where I have set the favicon properties

> Page properties (web page; one or multiple web pages)

> Page properties (master page, one or multiple master pages)

> Site Properties

There is no indication since the favicon settings look all the same. Maybe there is a chance to display the favicon on the site management overview page below the thumbnail next to the master page name or web page name.

Just a thought.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 19, 2015 Oct 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I agree it is a bit confusing!

Maybe the favicon dialogue on pages should say next to it "inherited from site properties" or "inherited from master properties" if that was the case.

That would make things a lot clearer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 24, 2018 Mar 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Perfect! Yes, a little hidden, but yes if I would have just looked a little more I would have found it. Thanks, Yorh Ekin!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked! thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 01, 2013 Aug 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!  So awesome this is just what I was looking for other than now when I load my html files exported from muse to godaddy through using filezilla the favicon does not show in the browser.  www.brytoncorp.com

any idea why this might be anyone??  Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should have a "favicon.ico" file in the images folder.

Are you sure that's being uploaded because it won't work without it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well when I try to pull in a ico file that file is greyed out and I'm not able to select it.  Muse seems to only be allowing me to select a png or jpeg.  I'm doing this just like was outlined but seems not to be working..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your favicon is showing up for me...perhaps you need to empty your browser cache. Some browsers cache favicons and don't refresh them very often.

Screen Shot 2013-08-01 at 3.27.29 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines