• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is the Robohelp webhelp search so slow?

Participant ,
Aug 22, 2012 Aug 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I currently use Robohelp 9 and produce merged Webhelp using Zoomsearch v6 as the search engine.

My sites has around 2500 topics and 26 merged projects. Zoomsearch produces search results in under half a second.

I decided to use zoomseach (after reading Peter Grainge's useful site) as the default Robohelp search didn't seem great and was taking 5 to nearly 30 seconds to return results. I think even 5 seconds is too long in this day and age!

Is this normal? And is there anything i could do to speed this up?

Does anyone know if Robohelp 10 speeds up the search?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 22, 2012 Aug 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have always found the search to be quicker than that. My use of ZoomSearch was for other reasons.

You can have RoboHelp's own search in addition to ZoomSearch so why not just set that up to see if it is still taking that long?

Also try one of the supplied sample projects. Click Open on the RoboHelp Starter page and then click Samples in the ribbon on the left.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 28, 2012 Aug 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

I tried this and its about 10 seconds for the Robohelp search now, both locally and on the server.

I have single webhelp projects were the Robohelp search works fine (50 topics) - easily less than two seconds so it must be something to do with the fact that it is merged, or that there are 26 large merged projects with 2500 topics in total.

| can't think of anything else that it could be - especially as Zoom is returning results so fast?

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2012 Aug 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We had 11,000 topics in 9 projects, 2 with around 4,000 topics each so it is not the number of topics. I guess it could be the number of projects but I'm pretty sure I have heard of similar numbers to yours and without problems.

One thing to look at is that all the projects are set to the same language. Even having one set to say English International and all the others to English US can cause merge problems.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp