• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate course hangs in loading when launched from LMS

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2012 Jun 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I applied the cpsid_92936 fix to my installed Cap 5 but the issue persists.

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 22, 2012 Jun 22, 2012

Try checking the box in LMS Customisation settings to Never Send Resume Data.  Then republish and upload.

If that fixes the issue then it was caused by LMS Resume Data Bookmarking.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does your LMS vendor/admin say?

What LMS?

What does 'hang' mean?

Can you put the published project on a 'regular' webserver somewhere and access the file properly, as expected?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The LMS vendor believes it is a Cap issue.  the LMS is not one of the big ones; it's from Ardent Learning.  By hang I mean that the course shows the "loading" screen but the course never loads.  I tried this fix (below) but it didn't solve the problem.  the course opens OK when I publish and get to view the output. 

6-22-2012 4-22-54 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry if it sounds obvious, but are you sure the LMS is launching the correct URL?  In our old LMS, we'd get an endless "Loading" message if we gave it the wrong path to the content.

If the URL is correct, are you publishing your Captivate project as SCORM, AICC or as just as a plain old HTML course?

If SCORM/AICC, does your LMS offer a "debug" mode or a log file option to see what's being communicated and thus where it might be getting stuck?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try checking the box in LMS Customisation settings to Never Send Resume Data.  Then republish and upload.

If that fixes the issue then it was caused by LMS Resume Data Bookmarking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2012 Jun 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion; I'll give it a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2012 Jun 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That does seem to fix the loading issue but of course I lose the bookmarking.  Should any action be taken regarding the other check box?

6-26-2012 4-00-30 PM.png

is it likely that Cap 6.0 has this resolved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, try unchecking that box, so 'version and session IDs' are not escaped, and uncheck Never Send Resume Data and see what happens - can't hurt. I doubt it'll give you much resolution though.

If the LMS sending resume data back to the CP lesson is causing a hang-up, why? Is the LMS sending data but in an incorrect format? Is it not sending it though it says it will? Is the lesson not able to restore from that data for some reason?

Try the lesson, setup as you want it (with bookmarking) in the SCORM CLoud and see what happens there. If it plays and resumes correctly, likely something in your LMS that's not sending the data back properly...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a known issue in Captivate versions 5 and 5.5 with Resume Data bookmarking on some LMSs.  Adobe has made several attempts to resolve the issue with patches but they've not always been successful.  There are quite a few variables involved that complicate the issue.

Captivate 6 now uses the Rustici SCORM solution, which is reputed to be the best on the planet.  I suggest you download and install the Cp6 trial, upgrade a copy of your project, the publish and try it in an LMS with Resume Data Bookmarking turned on.  If it works, hit your manager for an upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 27, 2012 Jun 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ss0563,

Is your Ardent LMS is SCORM 1.2 complaint? if so, Can you try simple course with 2 quiz slides with bookmarking and let us know book marking works fine or not?

BTW, Did you try Erik's suggestion of testing the course on SCORM Cloud?

Thanks,

Sankaram.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2012 Jun 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion; I'll give it a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2012 Aug 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im getting the same issue when using SAP LSO...

When I first upload the course (published in Captivate 5.5) into SAP LSO, everything appears to work fine.  Learners are able to access the course, close it and re-open, complete the course etc...  but once I upload a new version of the course into the LSO (which is supposed to replace the previous version) it seems to prevent the Captivate course from loading and sticks on the first slide wth the loading message.

Our SAP technical consultant tells me that all the files for course are being served, so we can't quite figure out why the course is not loading.... very frustrating.  I will attempt some of the suggestions in this forum and let you know how we get on.

Cheers.

Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2012 Nov 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am experiencing a similar problem with a Captivate 5.5 course containing a quiz and the SAP LSO.  Did you get resolution to your problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources