• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing new font files used in PDF to be found in installation libraries by IBM Content Manager

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2012 Aug 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to add a dozen font files to a Windows and an AIX server so that the fles are available as resources to be recognized in PDF files being indexed and uploaded to an Electronic Content management system.

I found mkfontdir, but it does not recognize the font files given to it in the directory.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which Adobe product are you trying to utilize?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff:

Trying to index PDF files to be uploaded to IBM Content Manager OnDemand.  I work for a utility that now keeps a digital copy of customer bills, stored as PDFs.  We are moving to mid range servers to isolate for performance spikes, without service degradation. But the font files in the bills need to be recpognized by the PDF Indexer (licensed) part of the IBM product.

So these font files need to be found by this ADOBE integrated product.  Use o fthe resource files should save us about 93% of the storage that will otherwise be necessary.

L J Wagner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please review a complete list of our products at http://www.adobe.com/products/catalog.html?promoid=JOOTH and identify the name of the Adobe product you are utilizing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The PDF Indexer is an Adobe add-on for IBM's Content Manager OnDemand for Multi-Platforms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IBM uses the “Adobe Toolkit”, under the covers, to both parse and extract resource data from the PDF file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you been in contact with IBM?  I am sorry but I don't believe we have a forum which will be able to handle your inquiry.  Similiarly I don't believe contacting our support team would be beneficial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines