2. sfjslfjs f sjflworuworuw

a. ruwojsflsuwopr

b. fsfwrwo

3. fowrfsjflsjrw

4. fsrwrw

a. fswrrwv

b. wrworuworuw

c. wrwoumwrw

I'm using a List Style called Numbered. For the subset, I select "Start List at level 2".

BUT, "step 4" now has substeps "d", "e", and "f" under it and I can't find a way to make the second set of subsets restart at "a" again.

I tried right-clicking the first substep in the second set (e.g. in 4a), selecting Bullets and Numbering, and then, on the Numbered tab, selecting the a. b. c. icon and setting Restart numbering to 1. The step now has an "a", but the font and indents are all wrong.

(I didn't create the CSS or the list styles, but have been trying to figure it out by searching the forum, the Help, and Peter G.'s wonderful site.")

All thoughts welcome.

Carol

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 30, 2012 Aug 30, 2012

I think the question is about making the sub steps restart at A rather than creating them in the first instance.

Logically you would right click and select Bullets and Numbering and restart it there, except that has a bug.

Right click and select List Styles. You can restart the numbering. Don't worry if it shows 1 instead of A. The reset will reset to A.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate
Aug 29, 2012 Aug 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

to restart a numbering list you have to add an alphabet followed by a colan like H:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 29, 2012 Aug 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Welcome to Adobe Forums.

You can follow these steps :

1) Create a new Multilevel List Style under Styles and Formatting Pod (Format -> Styles)

2) Assign Level 1 as Number (Decimal) and Level 2 as Lower case : a,b,c (lower alpha)

3) Create you main points first (1, 2,3,4.....) and apply the Style you created

4) Place you cursor in between main points and use "Enter" and "Tab" key to achieve Level 2 (a,b,c)

Hope this helps !!

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 30, 2012 Aug 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the question is about making the sub steps restart at A rather than creating them in the first instance.

Logically you would right click and select Bullets and Numbering and restart it there, except that has a bug.

Right click and select List Styles. You can restart the numbering. Don't worry if it shows 1 instead of A. The reset will reset to A.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 30, 2012 Aug 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Brilliant, Peter! Thanks so much.

Carol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp