Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save all user input in one file named by user

Aug 29, 2012 Aug 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After many hours i still am not closer to an answer.

I have to do a desktop software for an assignment. I am making a novel writing software using adobe flash builder 4.5. Now there are textareas in my app that the users has to type into. I dont understand how to save the users input into an single file that he can then load again to continue his work. If he starts a new project it must load all fields as empty again and save to a new folder.

I get saving a single component to a text file and laoding that again. But what if you have 10 texteditors in your application one for the one characters history, and one for the other characters history etc. How do I save all that input into one xml file.

I hope this question makes sense. I don't mind learning if I just know where to go.

(add on thought) for instance I have a TabNavigator with Character, World, Objects and Editor tabs. Each tab has user input that all needs to be saved under a user defined filename.  How do I go about doing that?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 29, 2012 Aug 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello all

I am just wondering, 25 views of this question and not one reply. Is this so obvious that it does not warrent an answer or is there no answer for it. Is there perhaps documentation on this specific problem that you can point me to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines