• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems installing with Ubuntu 12.04

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2012 Aug 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to install Flash Player for Ubuntu it launches the Ubuntu Software Center which apparently is supposed to contain the app to install Flash. In my case though the Software Center loads and says it can't find the package. When I do a search in the Software Center I cannot find Adobe Flash Player.

Tons of other software is available in the Software Center and I'm live on the Internet.

I have both Firefox and Chromium installed for browsers and have tried from both.

How do I get this installed?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 29, 2012 Aug 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Welcome to Adobe Forums.

You can follow these steps :

1) Login with "root" user on your Ubuntu 12.04

2) Launch "Terminal" (Keyboard Shortcut : Ctrl +Alt +T)

3) Type this command and hit Enter : sudo apt-get install flashplugin-installer

4) Launch Firefox and check do you have Flash Player (http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/)

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try this I get an error:

Package flashplugin-install is not available, but is referred to by another package.

This may mean the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or is only available from another source.

E: Package 'flashplugin-installer' has no installation candidate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Try these 2 command as well on Terminal:

1st : sudo apt-get update

2nd : sudo apt-get install adobe-flashplugin

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The update went fine. When I tried the flash install it gave me the same error as before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Does this command works ?

sudo apt-get install flashplugin-nonfree

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I got the error:

E: Unable to locate package flashplugin-nonfree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

There is a procedure of Manual Installation of Adobe Flash Player on Ubuntu, follow these steps :

1. Open http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/
  2. Choose Linux 32-bit on Step 1
  3. Choose Flash Player 11.2 (tar.gz) on Step 2, download the file
  4. Once download is complete, right click on the flie (tar.gz) and click on "Extract here"
  5. Launch Terminal (Keyboard Shortcut : Ctrl+Alt+T)
  6. Go to that location where you extracted the file
  7. Run this command : sudo mv libflashplayer.so \/usr/lib/firefox-addons/plugins
  8. Launch Mozilla Firefox and check do you have Adobe Flash Player

I tested this and it worked

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2012 Aug 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually tried this before. The file gets moved and is in the Firefox plugins directory but Firefox still does not recognize Adobe Flash as being installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Just want to confirm, Shockwave Plugin is "enabled".

What message do you see in Firefox on this page : http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get a page with a table showing the Flash Player versions available for various platforms. No Flash content is being displayed. There is a link to the Player Download Center. There is a message at the top saying there are missing plugins required. I clicked on that and it came back and said Shockwave was needed. I clicked on having it look for the plugin and it said it could not find it but I could click to do a manual install. I clicked and that has taken me to the Adobe Flash Player download page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2012 Aug 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please type the following in Firefox: about:plugins

Do you see Flash Player there but disabled?

If not, could you please copy libflashplayer.so to /usr/lib/firefox/plugins directory?

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2012 Aug 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The about:plugins command does not list the Flash Player. I have verified that libflashplayer.so is in the /usr/lib/firefox/plugins directory as well as the /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins directory. All the plugins listed by about:plugins reside in the mozilla/plugins directory. The flash player one is the only one in the firefox/plugins directory. In the mozilla/plugins directory the Flash .so file has the same permissions as the other working plugins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2012 Sep 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No other ideas on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines