11 Replies Latest reply: Sep 1, 2012 1:48 PM by ssprengel RSS

camera raw update

narunski

how to install camera raw update

• 1. Re: camera raw update
          Jeff A Wright Employee Hosts

Moving this discussion to the Adobe Camera RAW forum.

• 2. Re: camera raw update
            narunski Community Member

how do I get to the camera raw forum?

• 3. Re: camera raw update
              station_two Community Member

narunski wrote:

how do I get to the camera raw forum?

You are already posting here.  This is the Adobe Camera Raw forum. 

• 4. Re: camera raw update
                station_two Community Member

narunski wrote:

how to install camera raw update

Try the easiest way first:  simply select the Updates menu item in Photoshop's Help menu.  You want to be on version 6.7 of Camera Raw.

• 5. Re: camera raw update
                  JimHess CommunityMVP

Well, let's not get ahead of ourselves. First of all a couple of questions. What version of Photoshop or Photoshop Elements are you trying to update? What OS are you using? Tell us a little bit about your system.

I just installed Photoshop CS6 on my Windows 7 computer last night. Of course, it came with Camera Raw 7.0. I went to the Camera Raw update page and downloaded the zip file for the 7.2 RC version of ACR. I opened the zip file and copied the files to my desktop. Then I just ran the installer application that was one of the files in the zip file. The installer took care of the rest.

• 6. Re: camera raw update

CS5 Windows 7

• 7. Re: camera raw update
                      JimHess CommunityMVP

The process would be the same as I described previously. The last version of ACR available for CS5 is version 6.7. The new 7.x versions of ACR cannot be used in Photoshop CS5. If you want to use the new version it will be necessary for you to upgrade to CS6 or to the latest version Photoshop Elements.

• 8. Re: camera raw update

Thank you.  I have updated via Photoshop CS5, and the camera raw now reads Nikon D800 RAW files.  I am grateful for your patience and help.

But I have another problem.  Do you have information about updating Flash Player?

• 9. Re: camera raw update
                          ssprengel CommunityMVP

I’m sure Googling for Flash Player Download and looking for an adobe.com webite in the results will get you what you need, unless you are doing that and having a problem, then go over to the flash forum and post your question, there.

• 10. Re: camera raw update

I have no idea how to set up a question on the flash forum.  I have many times downloaded the latest flash version and it always says that my version is now up to date.  But I still cannot play the BBC news videos and get a message and a link to update the flash version.  I have complied with this many times and to no avail.

If there is a way to get to the flash forum and review all the thread it would be very helpful to me.

I do not wish to sound critical or unfriendly, but my mind, alas, only works in straight lines, and I cannot decipher the logic of how these queries are dealt with.

• 11. Re: camera raw update
                              ssprengel CommunityMVP

Go to www.adobe.com

Click on the Flash Player installation help link under the Help section in the lower-middle of the page.

Click on “Ask a question in Forums” link in the Resources list at the lower right of the page.

Click on Installing Flash Player in the Forums list over at the right.

Click on More at the bottom right of the Recent Discussion list.

Click on Next at the bottom right of the Discussions list as many times as you like.

Obviously, there may be helpful information on other areas of the pages used to get to the discussion forum topic list that might solve your problem, but you asked how to get to the place where you can read every single post in the forum.