• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player 11.4.402.265 causes IE to crash

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2012 Aug 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player 11.4.402.265 is causing Internet Explorer to crash on several of our company computers whenever they try to access Flash content. Rolling back to Flash Player 11.3.300.271 (which requires using the Adobe Flash Player Uninstaller first) resolves the issue. The problem seems limited to Windows 7 (64-bit) systems, but not all of them. Still trying to determine to commonality.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 189 Replies 189
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any additional info you can provide would be greatly appreciated.  On the systems affected, is the crash reproducible 100% of the time?  Are there certain sites or content (video, audio, 3d, etc) that cause this to happen?  Do these systems have hardware, particularly GPUs, in common?

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, 100% reproducible on affected systems.  Our company Intranet uses Flash buttons and the affected systems crash immediately upon clicking a button.  Let me verify, but I think a crash is also created after viewing http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about

I've only heard back from a dozen or so employees, but here goes:

Affected systems so far:

HP EliteBook 8460p, Intel Core i7-2640M, 2.8GHz, 8 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB 7200rpm Hard Drive, DVD+-RW, 14" LCD display, Windows 7 64-bit
HP EliteBook 2540p 12.1" Display, 2.13GHz Intel Core i7-640LM, 4GB PC3-10600 DDR3 SDRAM, 250GB 5400rpm Hard Drive, DVD+/-RW, Intel Advanced-N 6200 (802.11 a/b/g/n), Windows 7 64-bit / 32-bit
HP EliteBook 2560p, Intel Core i5-2540M, 2.6 GHz, 4 GB DDR3 RAM, 128GB Solid State Hard Drive, 12.5" LCD, DVD+/-RW, Windows 7 64-bit
HP Elitebook 2560p, 2.6GHz Core i5-2540M, Windows 7 64-bit, 12.5" LCD, 4GB DDR3, 160GB SSD Hard Drive, DVD +-RW
HP EliteBook 8460w 14.0" Display, 2.0GHz Intel Core i7-2630QM, 8 GB DDR3 SO DIMM, 500GB 7200rpm Hard Drive, DVD Super Multi DL, AMD FirePro M3900 1024MB, Gigabit Ethernet, IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n, 4.9 lbs, Windows 7 64-bit
HP Elitebook 2560p, 2.6GHz Core i5-2540M, Windows 7 64-bit, 12.5" LCD, 4GB DDR3, 160GB SSD Hard Drive, DVD +-RW
HP EliteBook 2540p 12.1" Display, 2.13GHz Intel Core i7-640LM, 4GB PC3-10600 DDR3 SDRAM, 250GB 5400rpm Hard Drive, DVD+/-RW, Intel Advanced-N 6200 (802.11 a/b/g/n), Windows 7 64-bit / 32-bit

Unaffected:

Pentium 4 / 3.06 GHz, 1 GB RAM, 80 GB HARD DRIVE
HP Workstation Z400, Xeon W3540 2.93GHz Quad Core, ATI FirePro V7750 1GB PCI Express 2.0 x16, 6GB (2x2GB) DDR3-1333 ECC RAM, 500GB SATA 7200 rpm Hard Drive, DVD+/-RW SuperMulti SATA
HP Workstation Z400, Xeon W3520 2.66GHz Quad Core, nVidia Quadro FX1800 768MB PCIe, 4GB (4x1GB) DDR3-1333 ECC RAM, 500GB SATA 7200 rpm Hard Drive, DVD+/-RW SuperMulti SATA
HP Elitebook 8460p, Intel Core i5-2540M, 2.6 GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB Solid State Drive, DVD RW, 14" display, Windows 7 64-bit
HP EliteBook 2530p 12.1" Display, 2.13GHz Intel Core 2 Duo SL9600, 4GB DDR2 SDRAM, 250GB 5400rpm Hard Drive, DVD Super Multi DL, Gigabit Ethernet, IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n wireless, 3.19 lbs, Windows 7 / XP
Samsung Series 9, Intel Core i5-3317U, 1.7 GHz, 13.3" screen, 1600 x 900, 4 GB DDR3 RAM, 128GB SSD Hard drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would definitely help if you could point me to an external site where the bug reproduces.  I'd also like to recommend opening a new bug report on this over at bugbase.adobe.com.  When adding the bug, please try and get a couple of dxdiag reports from the affected systems so we can look for common gpu and audio hardware and drivers.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a strange result.  I found a web site that crashed IE every time on an affected system: http://www.miniclip.com/sketch-star/en/.

If I clicked the "Create" button, IE crashed.  If instead, I typed a new URL in the Address Bar, like http://www.google.com, IE crashed.  So no matter my next step after visiting the above page, IE crashed.

I was going to add a screenshot of the error message to this post, and had left the affected computer on the website above for a couple of minutes.  Now I cannot get IE to crash on that computer anymore.

I'll keep investigating . . .

I uninstalled and reinstalled Flash Player 11.4.402.265 on this same system and the problem returned.  It is not quite 100% at this point, but around 3 out of 5 times the error appears.

Picture1.gif

I've created a bug report with the DXDIAG.TXT attached.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2012 Aug 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same problem here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 29, 2012 Aug 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MikeIT1 wrote:

I've created a bug report with the DXDIAG.TXT attached.

Could you please post the bug number and/or URL back here in the forum, so others can vote, and perhaps also add their dxdiag reports in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2012 Aug 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the link to the bug request that has been submitted:

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3318993

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2012 Sep 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having this same issue with PNC on line banking site.  I disabled Flash and no issues, enable flash and get this pop-up.  This happens after I enter my user ID and click on Sign On.  There is flash content on the User ID: page which works as expected.  The next screen has you verify an image and then enter your password.  The pop-up occurs immediately on switching to the verification page.  The first pop-up is:

PNC2Capture.PNG

Then it switches to the one below:

PNCCapture.PNG

I have followed all instructions at:

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/flash-player-games-video-or.html#main_7__Disable_Flash_Player...

No difference was seen.  Only when disabling Adobe Flash do I not get this error.  I can close the error and everything works, but is is annoying to have to go that extra step when it was not happening before the last upgrade of Flash.

I can do captures if needed.  

Windows 7 Professsional 64Bit (latest patches and SP)

IE9 (fails in either 32bit or 64bit) 

Latest version of Flash Player.  Only have ActiveX - no plugin installed as shown below

FlashVersion.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 05, 2012 Sep 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@MikeIT1 - Would it be possible to get dxdiag reports from the two HP EliteBook 8460p, one affected and one not?  If the BIOS is the same, are the settings different?

@everyone else - We'd still like more crash logs.  Please see this post for details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2012 Sep 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem here, Win7 ultimate 64bit licensed, regularly updated.. I'm managing crashes with Opera as well! I'll send you IE log as soon as I get it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ie9crash.png

ie9crash2.png

With my HP Pavilion dv7 it doesn't completely crash and there is nothing from Interent Explorer in the CrashDump folder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure Internet Explorer is not running.  I deploy flash via a shutdown script and launch IE with no add-ons to notify my users what is happening.  A soon as I took IE out of the picture "taskkill /f /im iexplore.exe /t" flash installs like before, but without crashing IE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also the problem is going on with dell vostros 3750 with intel HD , reverted back to IE8 same problem reverted back to flash 11.3x problem is fixed , im going to monitor the whole proccess to see exactly what is going on. problem happenes randomly on alot of websites.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've a 100MB dump file and noticed that uploading it via dropbox website (flash uploader) constantly make IE crash

edit: just emailed dump file, please email me back once you downloaded it. thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 09, 2012 Sep 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are we up to with all this ?

I would have thought a company the size of Adobe should be able to immediately procure hardware that exhibits this issue.

Have you actually been able to reproduce this issue yet on the test set ups you have ?

It doesn't seem to be hardware specific (manufacturer) but I see Intel crops up a lot. My Dell Vostro uses the i5 processor and inbuilt graphics. Any link there ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2012 Sep 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what about a bug with TPM chip drivers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 10, 2012 Sep 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update 9/10/12 - We believe we've isolated this bug down to a problem with Flash Player and an accessibility API provided by Windows.  This can be reproduced by using applications and utilities that use this API.  This could be as straight forward as accessibility specific applications or by using biometric hardware/drivers such as finger print readers.  We've been able to reproduce the crash internally and are now working on a solution.

I'll post more when I have more details or if a workaround becomes available.  Until then, please see this FAQ for reverting your version of Flash Player.

How do I revert to a previous version of Flash Player?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have a finger print reader on my laptop that I utilize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm,

Revert to a known insecure version or uninstall it alltogether.  I ended up uninstalling it.  What's the eta on getting this fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 11, 2012 Sep 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@AliBaba0101 - As FAQ that I like to mentions, you can install the latest 10.3 release (currently 10.3.183.23) which contains all available security patches.

@AngusK20 - No need for additional crash logs at this time.  I'll definitely let you know if this changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 12, 2012 Sep 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please allow me to add my experience to this thread by giving an example that the problem is not isolated to HP systems and/or Intel processors.  I have four systems which all suffer from this same problem.  In particular, I have a Lenovo laptop and a Sony Vaio netbook - both win7 32 bit - as well as a couple of bespoke high end 64-bit Win 7 workstations using Gigabyte motherboards with AMD processors.  The most likely commonality for these disparate systems is that they all use IE9 with much the same add-ins, but I understand from this forum that the problem is not just limited to IE?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 14, 2012 Sep 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@derekgodsell - do you use any accessibility applications or utilities on your systems?  Or do you have fingerprint scanners installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 15, 2012 Sep 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris, I do not have any accessibility aids on three of the machines, but one laptop has a fingerprint reader which I've uninstalled the software for and presumably is not an influence on  the problem?  Could I offer my Kaspersky 2011 Internet Security as a common piece of software to consider as the cause?  The only other suggestions for conflicting IE add-ins - common to all of my machines - are Getright, ReadPlayer and Quicktime.  Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines