Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating table styles - RH9

Jan 24, 2012 Jan 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to be able to apply table properties to a table style.

For example, I want all tables using Table Style A to be centered horizontally on the page rather than left aligned.

I want all tables using Table Style B to be indented 42px from the left.

I can apply these settings using the Table Properties dialog for an individual table, but can't figure out how to get these settings tied to a style so I don't have to manually align every single table.

I am hoping the answer is a simple string I can put into the CSS file...

Thank you in advance for your help

Jody Kemp

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 25, 2012 Jan 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Do you already use table styles? In the CSS editor you can define table styles and style almost every aspect of tables. I never use it so I don't know exactly what you can set in the editor but you might want to give it a try.

You need to use CSS tables for this to work, so if you're not using them already, make sure that you assign classes to all your existing tables that you want to take over the styling. The CSS for the tables:

table.a {/* The a is the class of the table */

/* The automatic margins on the left and right center the table on the page */

margin-left: auto;

margin-right: auto;

}

table.b {/* The b is the class of the table */

margin-left: 42px;/* Indent table 42 pixels on the left */

}

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2012 Aug 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unfortunately, as i am finding in RoboHelp 9, that only gets me so far. I can't create a table with all borders turned on.

I can't create a table with all cells aligned TOP.

Those are styles I still have to apply after I insert my table/apply my table style. It's a start, but it's still annoying. THe "Cell Formatting" button doesn't include these VERY important cell formatting options.

ALSO annoying is the table style editor to begin with. It's VERY buggy. If you have "whole table" selcted, only half the rows are applying my font. I had to apply odd rows/even rows separately to switch to Arial 11 from Times New Roman.

Someone's probably going to tell me "it was fixed in RH 10" but that doesn't help me create table styles in 9.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2012 Sep 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No you are not going to be told it is better in Rh10, it is just the same.

Without testing it again, the trick is something like this. Select odd rows and then bottom right, apply 2px blue or whatever. Then select even rows and select top left (the opposite) and apply 2px blue. Finally do the same you will see from the preview that the outer borders are incomplete, select Whole Table and and apply bottom right or top left.

Whole Table does not mean every cell, it means the outer borders of the table.

If you create Printed Documentation, there can be a further problem. I am trying to locate a document I wrote about that.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp