• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can't I install the flash player on my Kindle Fire???

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2012 Sep 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried several times to install the flash player on my Kindle Fire but it keeps telling me there is an issue opening the download. How am I able to download it yet am unable to install it. It makes no sense to me why it would be able to download yet not be able to open the installation. Is this a problem that is being fixed? I've tried to "troubleshoot" this issue myself but there is little information on it. If the Kindle Fire is unable to install the Adobe Flash player then there needs to be some changes made either on your companies part or Amazons. There are apps offered on the Kindles that need this flash player in order to operate. If you could back to me with an answer as soon as possible I would greatly aprreciate it. Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player for Android is discontinued, so this is a moot point soon enough, anyway. Until then ask in the respective Flash sub-forum. What do I know about Kindle Fire's? They're not even selling it here in Germany...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player came with my Kindle. Maybe you cannot install another version.

Moving to Installing Flash Player

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 05, 2012 Sep 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

What OS version is on your Kindle Fire? Also, where are you attempting to download the Adobe Flash Player from? Google and Amazon control the downloads to specific devices but if you can provide this information I may be able to better assess your specific issue.

You can find a list of Adobe Certified devices here: http://www.adobe.com/devnet-apps/flashruntimes/certified-devices.html

Regards,

Greg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2012 Nov 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I just bought my Kindle Fire last week. There is no Flash Player on the menu and I have had no luck trying to download..... Is it true that Flash Player for Android is discontinued?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2012 Nov 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Although we continue to provide security and patch releases for Android devices which originally shipped with Adobe Flash Player, new feature development for the Android browser has drawn to a close as we shift our focus to Adobe AIR for mobile applications. For more details on the rationale for our decision I refer you to the following article.

http://blogs.adobe.com/conversations/2011/11/flash-focus.html

The following article describes how to manually install the Adobe Flash Player manually on your Android device.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1061194

Another alternative is to install the SkyFire browser, which appears to support Flash Video.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.skyfire.browser&feat ure=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5za3lmaXJlLmJyb3dzZXIiXQ

Regards,

Greg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines