Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't install Adobe Flash Player

Sep 01, 2012 Sep 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried a number of times to download Adobe Flash Player. It looks like it is installing, then I get a message that it has installed successfully. However, when I try to use it, I get a new message that I need to download Flash Player. If I go to "all programs", I see that it never really installed. I have an HP running Vista (32 bit). My browser is Internet Explorer. Can you help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 01, 2012 Sep 01, 2012

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there ^^

Are you sure you installed the ActiveX version, not the other one (which is for kinda like every browser except IE) ?

Do you get the message on every website ?

What does this page : http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ say about the version you currently have installed ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used your link to get to Adobe and I downloaded the version for IE and still, no luck. Thanks so much for your thoughts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 02, 2012 Sep 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Pat,

You rock! I "deselected" ActiveX filtering as you suggested and Flash Player worked fine! Eureka!! Thank you soooo much for your help!! --KM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines