• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FLASH PLAYER ON GT-S5670

New Here ,
Aug 29, 2012 Aug 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI! I RECENTLY UPGRADED MY SAMSUNG GALAXY FIT ,GT-S5670, FROM ANDROID 2.2.1 INTO 2.3.6!

I CAN'T DOWNLOAD, OR INSTALL  ADOBE FLASH PLAYER ,WHICH I NEED,AND ALL I GET IS THAT ADOBE FLASH PLAYER 11 IS  NOT COMPEDIBLE WITH MY DEVICE!! IS THERE AN OLDER VERSION THAT IS? OR IS THE PROPLEM ELSEWHERE? DOES ANYONE KNOW? THANKS!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 29, 2012 Aug 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Installing Flash Player forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2012 Sep 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a related problem. I can't download Flash 11 for an Android Galaxy Tablet, but not because of compatibility.

I'm in Canada, and we just got a new Samsung GT-P5113 Tablet running Android 3.1 as part of our Telus television/internet contract. Went to watch a family video on the internet and realized Flash wasn't installed.

Trying to install Flash takes us to the regular Adobe downloads page, but when I try to download Flash Player 11, it says "This item isn't available in your Country". Of course, Canadians download Flash tens of thousands of times a day -- so why does the Adobe site block the download now? Can't imagine that Adobe doesn't recognize a Canadian IP -- is it something about the device that makes Adobe think it's "foreign"?

Very frustrating not to be able to watch family videos on our new tablet. Have been unable to find an alternate way to download the flash player for installation on our device.

Adobe, any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 05, 2012 Sep 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Your device does not support the Adobe Flash Player. Only the devices with specific OS versions listed at the following URL are officially supported by Adobe.

http://www.adobe.com/devnet-apps/flashruntimes/certified-devices.html

Regards,

Greg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2012 Sep 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Greg,

Rather than making the device the subject of a passive sentence, I'd be more inclined to characterize the situation with Adobe as the actor: "Adobe doesn't currently support Flash Player on your Android device".  I guess Steve Job's long arm reaches back from the grave, eh? 

OK, I'm new to Android, so hadn't done my reading when I posted my first question. I understand now that Adobe has decided to no longer support Flash Player on Android devices, and as a result has taken it off the download pages of Google Play. I do note that this is somewhat regional, in that it was reposted on the UK site -- reportedly because the BBC was successful in lobbying Adobe to continue support until the BBC websites are able to transition to new technology. (Which will be what -- HTML5?)

All this being said, there are versions of Flash Player plug-in for the Android Internet Browser that will work, because I was able to successfully download and install Flash Player 11.1 for Android (build 11.1.115.17) from the Archived Flash Player versions for Developers site. (I had reported above that our tablet was running Android 3.x. Later realized it was actually running 4.x -- hence the requirement for Player 11.1.) But I appreciate that Adobe no longer provides official support for any of these versions on Android.

My wife was devastated that she couldn't watch Picassa videos of our grandson on our new tablet. So now that I've cleared this problem up, I'm good.

Regards,

Stephen Z.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines