Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't activate Digital Editions

Sep 02, 2012 Sep 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't activate Digital Editions. Error:  E_ADEPT_REQUEST_EXPIRED http://adeactivate.adobe.com/adept/Activate 2012-09-02T13:32:48-07:00%20(1346617968000)%20is%20before%202012-09-02T14:06:49-07:00%20(1346620009678) I checked date and  time zone of computer (and tried all possibilities. I have moved from Ghana to Europe to Canada in recent years). Also activated immediately after download, so 'good until' time should not have passed. What now?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. I just set up my account with adobe and downloaded the digital editions. When I went to authorize my computer, the same error message popped up. How can this be when I JUST MADE MY ACCOUNT?? None of the adobe chat people will help and the lady actually told me that I needed to call. Well they don't answer questions over the phone for free software...so I am stuck. Anyone have a suggestions? I am at a loss and I can't use good portion of my nook until this is fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I think I figured out what is going on. It appears that the error message is from a time zone error on your computer, the clock is set wrong...along those lines. Thus expiration error occurs. I just got done reading for like 3 hours in the forums about this and ONLY 1 admin addressed the issue back in Aug 10 (way to go support tech and ignore the rest of us =(... Anyway check your time/Clock on your computer and try again. If it doesn't work well we are out of luck because nothing else was suggested in the forums. I try calling and asking directly for a supervisor and transfer the call to the country you are in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I solved it. for me at least. I clicked on the time on the bottom right of the screen, and clicked "change date and time settings". Then there are two options. "Change Date and Time". I set the time 3 hours later, and then tried again to activate. It worked.

Previously I had tried to "Change Time Zone". That didn't work.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2012 Sep 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks A LOT!! I have been going crazy for the past hour trying to understand why I kept getting that error message when I tried to authorize my computer. I even contacted customer service through chat but they couldn't help me.

So yes, same thing as you : the way to finally manage to authorize the computer was to CHANGE THE TIME. Actually, funnily enough, what worked for me was changing the Time Zone. I think it's based on what address or city you give when you register.

For example, for me, I had the right time for my city, but the wrong Time Zone. Once everything matched, it worked.

So for those of you who get that "REQUEST_EXPIRED" error message, you now know what to do!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines